• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Scotch Caps

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed said:
Sunglasses are fine, as long as they aren't the "mirror" kind. One of my pet peeves is trying to visit with someone while looking at myself in the "mirror" of their sunglasses. You can't maintain eye-to-eye contact, if you can't see their eyes. Anyone wearing these things makes other people wonder about the integrity of the mirror wearer. Just my thoughts on the subject, for whatever that is worth. :)

Agree. I wore a pair for a couple weeks this summer after getting metal in my eye. But I hated talking to somebody wearing them and didn't like wearing them once you work up a sweat.

RSL said:
Faster horses said:
I couldn't count the sunglasses Mr. FH has everywhere. He's always had sensitive eyes and he wears them all the time he is driving, and most of the time he is in the sun. He just got the Night View ones advertised on tv. He hasn't worn them all that much yet but he says they seem to be really good for night driving. So far, anyway.

That made me laugh when I considered the definition of "night" being generally accepted as the absence of sun. :lol:
Last night on our electrically powered Television news they announced the number to call for those whose power is out due to our big windstorm yesterday... :???:

That did sound funny when I re-read it just now. I meant he wears sunglasses all the time when he drives AND anytime he is out in the sunshine. :?

Funny how this started with Scotch Caps. I'm sportin' inter-ocular lens implants in both eyes from what Doc called early onset of cataracts from lots of sun exposure. I used to not wear sunglasses too much in my early years.
A couple of years back I had a bad buck-off and did a face plant in dried cattail stalks. My face was scraped up pretty good and I thought my ear was torn off too but it was just bloodied. Inside my safety sunglasses my face was relatively pristine. I guess it's true real cowboys don't wear sunglasses or I'd a stayed onboard longer . 8) :wink:

On the subject of hats. Does anyone watch "Mountain Man" on history? What kind of hat does Rich the one with the dogs in Montana wear does anyone know?

3 M L & C said:
On the subject of hats. Does anyone watch "Mountain Man" on history? What kind of hat does Rich the one with the dogs in Montana wear does anyone know?

Looks like a Stormy Kromer of some kind. It's kinda fugly, IMHO.

Latest posts