• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Scotch Caps

Help Support Ranchers.net:

eatbeef said:
jodywy said:
http://www.wyomingtraders.com/ has some rail road caps.
but the best are Beaver Brand
According to what I seen on the web the last time I searched beaver brand is that they went out of business.

the last one I got was a year ago
http://www.ksdk.com/story/money/2013/07/20/beaver-brand-hats-closing-after-more-than-150-years-in-business/3126633/

Cap; knit, wool

Issue; one, cold weather

LOL

Been wearing old military knit wool hats - called toques in Canada - pronounced tooooook for those of you far enough south to have never heard of them. LOL

Got to keep my balding head and big fat ears warm

Cheers

bc

Broke Cowboy said:
Cap; knit, wool

Issue; one, cold weather

LOL

Been wearing old military knit wool hats - called toques in Canada - pronounced tooooook for those of you far enough south to have never heard of them. LOL

Got to keep my balding head and big fat ears warm

Cheers

bc

Down south they call them Stocking Caps. :roll: :lol: :lol:

No caps on this operation. Only toques.

I spin wool, so we all wear the real thing in the winter. I knit the ones Broke Cowboy calls a military cap. You can't compete with real wool. I made Hubby a big heavy handspun sweater too, and he can't even wear it unless it's really cold out. The toque has a minus 10 C. starting range as well. That's 14 F. in the U.S.

Warmer than that and your head gets hot. And we don't need any more hot heads in this world. :wink:

Squint Eastwood.. ha ha ha good one!

I've got those newfangled fancy specs that go dark in the sun all by themselves. 8) :) :) :) As Hubby would say, self-go SOB's. :wink:

I haven't made any headbands, but they're pretty easy to do. Should try it.

4Diamond said:
Does wearing sunglasses make one "Hollywood"?

I've had 3 friends lose or damage an eye while working. I wear safety sunglasses. About 6$ on up @ welding store. And they kinda wrap around and keep more dirt out than most glasses.

Sunglasses are a cheap way to keep you eyes in good shape. For safety and also sun damage. My grandma and all her sisters have had some sort of eye problems from caterax sp? To macular degeneration sp? All their doctors say sunglasses are a must to prevent some of this. I know off topic but just a little of what I've learned.

I wear a safety style pair of sunglasses everyday. I can't make it without a pair. To me it's like wearing a shirt, it's skin before you get to skin.

Sunglasses are fine, as long as they aren't the "mirror" kind. One of my pet peeves is trying to visit with someone while looking at myself in the "mirror" of their sunglasses. You can't maintain eye-to-eye contact, if you can't see their eyes. Anyone wearing these things makes other people wonder about the integrity of the mirror wearer. Just my thoughts on the subject, for whatever that is worth. :)

I wore glasses since grade 6, Sunglasses were a hassle but about 3 years ago the Dr. said my eyes were good enough not to need glasses for driving and the Bi-focals he had me wearing I took off to read most of the time so I quit wearing glasses and started wearing sun glasses. I feel lost without them. I prefer a light brown tint and the wrap around style sure help keep junk out of the eyes. :cowboy:

I couldn't count the sunglasses Mr. FH has everywhere. He's always had sensitive eyes and he wears them all the time he is driving, and most of the time he is in the sun. He just got the Night View ones advertised on tv. He hasn't worn them all that much yet but he says they seem to be really good for night driving. So far, anyway.

Faster horses said:
I couldn't count the sunglasses Mr. FH has everywhere. He's always had sensitive eyes and he wears them all the time he is driving, and most of the time he is in the sun. He just got the Night View ones advertised on tv. He hasn't worn them all that much yet but he says they seem to be really good for night driving. So far, anyway.

That made me laugh when I considered the definition of "night" being generally accepted as the absence of sun. :lol:
Last night on our electrically powered Television news they announced the number to call for those whose power is out due to our big windstorm yesterday... :???:

Wear the mirrored kind to town so I can check out the scenery!

As a rule if I am meeting someone for the first time or saying hi and shaking hands I take my sunglasses off, then put them back on after the initial exchange.

Latest posts