• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HVAC Ranger

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses said:
I have Google with square brackets around Bot....nothing else. Where do I find img/img. And why doesn't post images work any longer?
This is frustrating.

If they don't show up for you you can just type it.

After you paste in what you want for a pic just type [/img]

Got Ranger back yesterday. At 5000 miles, rebuilt centrifugal clutch. Works okay now.

Was determined that AC was way overcharged at factory. Correct amount of freon now, and it works fair, at least.

Glad you got it back, and from our experience, you'll be glad you have A/C. Ours is hot inside, so the guys rigged up something
that keeps the doors open just a bit to get some air inside. They are working on a fan....I'll let you know how that turns out. So far,
here in Wy, it hasn't been all that hot. But in AZ, it was hot inside even at 80 degrees.

Faster horses said:
Glad you got it back, and from our experience, you'll be glad you have A/C. Ours is hot inside, so the guys rigged up something
that keeps the doors open just a bit to get some air inside. They are working on a fan....I'll let you know how that turns out. So far,
here in Wy, it hasn't been all that hot. But in AZ, it was hot inside even at 80 degrees.
I wonder if a vented or tip out windshield would be worth the money?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Pioneer-1000-5-2-seater-FULL-AERO-VENT-WINDSHIELD/173161102444?hash=item285134bc6c:g:xLMAAOSwfpBaeJEw

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spike-Honda-Pioneer-1000-Dual-Vent-Windshield-With-Hard-Coat/382396522278?epid=242724726&hash=item59089bdf26:g:6mUAAOSwZWpamJkV

Kind of spendy......with shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-PIONEER-1000-3P-5P-DELUXE-EPS-2-PIECE-POLY-OPTICAL-WINDSHIELD-WINDSCREEN/332658465355?epid=1850885120&hash=item4d73fd5a4b:g:eek:90AAOSwU~FWDCFb

UPDATE! We are really frustrated with the cab on our Honda 1000. Lets cold and hot air in, plus the seats are really HOT in summer. So we are considering trading for a Polaris 1000 with heat and air. Any comments?
Traveler? How are you liking yours now?

Too bad the Honda cabs are so crappy, both Honda cabs and add-on cabs. It's a nice machine otherwise, but if
it isn't comfortable to ride in, why keep it?

Faster horses said:
UPDATE! We are really frustrated with the cab on our Honda 1000. Lets cold and hot air in, plus the seats are really HOT in summer. So we are considering trading for a Polaris 1000 with heat and air. Any comments?
Traveler? How are you liking yours now?

Too bad the Honda cabs are so crappy, both Honda cabs and add-on cabs. It's a nice machine otherwise, but if
it isn't comfortable to ride in, why keep it?
Interesting timing. I actually bought a short Jeep Wrangler and have been using it quite a bit. The Northstar Ranger seemed to have the bugs worked out of it, and was getting ~~close to 7000 miles, so I traded it off 3 days ago for a new one. Same thing, just a different color. Hoping there were just some "new model" issues that they've taken care of. We will see. They do have a good, tight cab, and the incoming air is filtered. I'd say go for it. If there's anything else I can maybe answer I'd be happy to. There was a few hundred dollars price increase.

47690703_297928120863736_7638316461513458600_n.jpg

It looks like the one we are dealing on; same color! How about that! Mr. FH has to have a winch and the one on the Polaris has the belt thing, the Honda has a cable. Not sure what he will do about that. They are saying $799 for the winch, $240 to install it (it is already on the machine). He thinks that's a rip-off so we will see what happens tomorrow. Air conditioning and a good heater sounds
good to me.

Thanks, Traveler.

Faster horses said:
It looks like the one we are dealing on; same color! How about that! Mr. FH has to have a winch and the one on the Polaris has the belt thing, the Honda has a cable. Not sure what he will do about that. They are saying $799 for the winch, $240 to install it (it is already on the machine). He thinks that's a rip-off so we will see what happens tomorrow. Air conditioning and a good heater sounds
good to me.

Thanks, Traveler.
Any luck with the negotiations? Tell him that tow ropes are a lot cheaper, not nearly so expensive to install. :lol:

Yep, got him to take out that winch and put in one with a cable and a remote. Our Honda has that and Mr. FH used it to pull a sickle out of a swather head, so he wanted that for sure. Worked really good. I guess we bought it....making up our (HIS) mind if he wants bigger tires put on it. I wish there was an emoticon here with eyes that roll. :lol:

I hope you all like it a lot. Don't forget to post about it. Remember the sayings----

"The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

You never grow up.....you never grow old. :nod:

Looks like a nice outfit, handy for when a full size pickup is overkill for checking water tanks and similar ranch jobs.

FH, the "rolling eyeballs" emoticon is a great idea! My guess it would get LOTS of use.....and wouldn't it be great if it could be put on some of the political 'news' stories!?!?! We NEED a way to just zap it onto the TV camera from our easy chairs or computer desks!

mrj

mrj said:
Looks like a nice outfit, handy for when a full size pickup is overkill for checking water tanks and similar ranch jobs.

FH, the "rolling eyeballs" emoticon is a great idea! My guess it would get LOTS of use.....and wouldn't it be great if it could be put on some of the political 'news' stories!?!?! We NEED a way to just zap it onto the TV camera from our easy chairs or computer desks!

mrj

Yes,too bad!! Maybe some tech-y person will come up with it.

Along with being helpful, side x sides are fun! Don't you have one? Or two?

A friend told me the other day, with side x sides and a dart gun, there is hardly a need for horses any more.
However, he has horses and uses them...you just cannot totally replace a horse if you have badlands
kind of terrain (and if you love using horses). That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

Traveler said:
I hope you all like it a lot. Don't forget to post about it. Remember the sayings----

Is that how that works? I wondered.......
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He thinks he wants the highway tires that are all the same size and can be rotated.
They are called BeadLock and if you have a flat, you can run them til you get where you can load up
to get them repaired. So far, I haven't bought that. :lol: $1500 for tires and rims... :cry: $1200 if
we trade the ones that came on the unit. :shock:

Oh and $800 for electric windows, which we do not need, and he agrees. They would be nice tho, but not that nice.
Yep, there is no end to it... :D

We of Generation 3 on this ranch do not have one! We do have a jeep, also 'elderly', and it wasn't the big deal we thought it would be due to a very high door frame to get a foot over in order to get in the thing! I'm thinking of finding someone who wants to tinker with a 'remodel' to change, if not fix, that problem. Maybe a fold-out step would work???

Re. the comment about not 'needing' horses to care for cattle...…..NEVER! will be admitted here. Even the younger generations seem to favor them, and not necessarily because they like to ride. A good cowboy and a great horse can do a great job of handling cattle quietly and efficiently whether in the feed lot, or on the range. Kinda rough terrain, but no Badlands here.

BTW, youngest grandson has a team for the Ranch Rodeo's coming up soon in Rapid City.....I think they are entered in BOTH rodeos.

Seems there are competing rodeos during those events. Not even sure what the thing is called. But at Rapid City Civic Center, and also at the Fair Grounds. I hope we can go. I could help with the tough job of caring for our great grandson, age 6 months already!

mrj

Faster horses said:
Traveler said:

Is that how that works? I wondered.......
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He thinks he wants the highway tires that are all the same size and can be rotated.
They are called BeadLock and if you have a flat, you can run them til you get where you can load up
to get them repaired. So far, I haven't bought that. :lol: $1500 for tires and rims... :cry: $1200 if
we trade the ones that came on the unit. :shock:

Oh and $800 for electric windows, which we do not need, and he agrees. They would be nice tho, but not that nice.
Yep, there is no end to it... :D
That's only allowing $300 for the rims and tires on it. Those tires are expensive to replace. Try selling them through an ad or something. That's not a good deal at all. To my thinking, the gearing in AWD is set up for the variance in front and back. I don't think you'd want them all the same, but maybe there's something I don't know.

Latest posts