• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HVAC Ranger

Help Support Ranchers.net:

So I went ahead and traded a beat-to-hell Polaris 900 for a 1000 yesterday. It seems to be designed much better. The heater works good, and got 2 years of warranty for being a repeat customer. We'll see. If it's a turd I'll report on it.

I think if I ever find a ford bronco pickup Im buying it, my neighbor bought one new and I don't think its had anything done to it except batteries.
Im talking about the small broncos ford made in I the guess 70's ? That ole onery neighbor of mine still runs his see it at the cafe, no paint on the old thing but ..........
good luck/joe

joestout said:
I think if I ever find a ford bronco pickup Im buying it, my neighbor bought one new and I don't think its had anything done to it except batteries.
Im talking about the small broncos ford made in I the guess 70's ? That ole onery neighbor of mine still runs his see it at the cafe, no paint on the old thing but ..........
good luck/joe
There's a lot of nostalgia for the old Bronco's. Reports are that Ford will try to capitalize on that.

landscape-1456340665-b2.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a31079/new-ford-bronco-ranger-details/

So the '18 Northstar Ranger 1000 hit 3100 miles early this morning. It hasn't had any real problems to speak of. The heater doesn't do much until engine temperature reaches ~150 degrees, and down close to 20 below it leaves you a little chilly, but it starts immediately no matter how cold it is out. We've driven it across some questionably frozen swamps and other places you wouldn't want to take even a small pickup. Ran over a calf with it, he's fine. The cab has a little more engine noise than you would expect or want. Night cow checkers really like it, and added light bars. The air coming into the cab is filtered, and the engine air comes from the front of the machine, where it's cleaner. Giving it a thumbs up for now.

Glad you like it.
Our Honda Pioneer 1000 runs fine. We have had it many places in the AZ dessert and it seems to like everywhere we have taken it, and that is in some STEEP, like really STEEP places. Our cousin, who we are with, has one too, and both machines have gone in some
really bad stuff. Not fast, but climbing up, down and over. They are loving the transmission.

The con: these things are HOT inside. Before we left, Mr. FH put foam underneath and wherever he thought necessary. About a month ago, he thought it would be cooler without the foam insulation. WRONG! It is a lot hotter now. He is going to address installing a fan in the interior, but it's my thought to get the windshield that tips out or can be straight up and down. What is so crazy, the way they are made, there is the shape of a fly window in front of the side window. Why didn't the engineers put a fly window there? We got by for years in vehicles with a fly window. Guess today's engineers have forgotten that. :?

Honda, at this point, doesn't offer air conditioning. :(

1000's been at the dealership the last 6 days. The check engine light came on and it displayed a code. The electronic all wheel drive and differential lock quit working, it only had one rear wheel spinning. They replaced part of the wiring harness coming from the alternator, but haven't seen a part listing yet. Glad to get it back.

At 4000 miles, the centrifugal clutch isn't fully releasing, meaning you have to shut off the motor sometimes to get it out of gear. It has been running in some pretty deep s***, but wish it had the transmission that Faster horses' machine has.

Traveler said:
At 4000 miles, the centrifugal clutch isn't fully releasing, meaning you have to shut off the motor sometimes to get it out of gear. It has been running in some pretty deep s***, but wish it had the transmission that Faster horses' machine has.

You have quite a few miles on yours, maybe when we get that many miles we'll see some problems, too. So far, so good. Ours has 1200 miles or so, we don't use ours as hard as you use yours, except we took it in some really bad places in AZ. Mr. FH says he really likes the transmission in our Honda. But he says there are things that could be better about it too.

Hope you get yours up to snuff soon. Hard to be without them.

Faster horses said:
I wanted to add AZ pictures, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
What am I not seeing? Help!!

I hope you get the pictures to work. Post image isn't working? It looks like Soapweed's using Photobucket, but I don't know how to get around the ~$400 subscription price.

Did I mention we've ruined 3 tires on it so fire? Both back tires and one on the front. Cuts in the sidewalls.

Faster horses said:
Crazy. There is no place to "add image" like there used to be. :???:
I wonder if your computer sees it as blocking an ad? It shows up on mine.

Faster horses said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Can you do it through the gallery here on ranchers?

Sure. Directions, please. :D
I can't get to first base on the gallery. :?

Says, 'login problems'...I click on that and it says 'delete cookies', so I do that and nothing happens. NOTHING. :x

I don't think I can help, I haven't posted a picture since Photobucket kidnapped our pictures.
I thought Soapweed and gcreek used Facebook some how. :???:

You can import any picture that is floating around on the internet (like face book pics) by right clicking on the image and selecting "Copy image address"

Click the Img button on here, it will look like this img /img with square brackets around it. Just paste your copied image between the img symbols by right clicking between them and selecting "copy" and you should have it made.

Latest posts