• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ZION National Park 9 picts.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

JDBalerman

Reaction score
We spent a few days in Zion National Park in SW Utah. It is about 3 hours N of Las Vegas. What a beautiful park. Great high cliffs made of mostly red, but some white and a bit of yellow sandstone. It had rained before we got there and also while we were there. The area has the typical desert response to rain. With all the hard rock and very little dirt and vegetation, the water almost all runs off in a flash flood situation. Waterfalls and streams that are raging torrents one day can be almost non-existant the next day. We really enjoyed our stay there.

JDBalerman

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Now this is definatly someplace I'd like to visit. I hadn't heard of this park, but now it's on my "bucketlist"...beautiful pictures..thanks for taking us along!

Last time I was there you couls see some of the timber that made a cat walk up the side of the ciffs, that where used to trail cattle to the grass on top, rather then trail alot of miles to go around. my thoght was the horse is on his owm As I be hugging the wall all they up. :shock:

Latest posts