• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Young Horses Harder To Train, Study Finds

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I wonder if I could get money for a study.

I think that older horse can buck harder when they aren't trained young. :shock:

You're too late. I already paid for that study. :lol:

My study that i'd like funded would be why come every spring all horses think every rock, stump and scrap plastic is actually a equine-eating monster? :D

leanin' H said:
My study that i'd like funded would be why come every spring all horses think every rock, stump and scrap plastic is actually a equine-eating monster? :D

to keep you honest :wink:

here the culprit is,tryin to look honest.
IMG_1546.JPG

good luck

gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
here the culprit is,tryin to look honest.
IMG_1546.JPG

good luck

He looks like a poor man's horse and all that new leather you got piled on him is giving him a bad attitude and you a chafed butt! :D

Thats because he is a poor mans horse,all that leather is necessary and that saddle's bout the most comfortable my skinny but has sit.
good luck

gcreekrch said:
Those saddle bags over the swells must be convenient for spirits and mix. :D

First time i ever used a set of them,hafta admitt the idea did cross my mind :D but right now I keep a good set of binoculars on one side and pen and record books on the other........outa be enough room for that ole flask of mine tho :wink:
good luck

I sure like that grey mule haymaker. Have since you first showed him to us. Good idea to keep them binoculars out of your coat pocket, they will break a rib. take care

Now here's my two cents...oats and 'sweet feed' cause horses to get hot and unruly because of a situation called "acid gut". I think you can find out more information on the Progressive Nutrition website.

I'm proof you can teach an old dog a new trick... :wink:

And we always grained our horses when we caught them and saddled them so that they didn't get that 'reward' when we got back to the barn.
Getting unsaddled was reward enough, we figured...unless it was a long ride.

Have a great day!

nmhighdesert said:
I sure like that grey mule haymaker. Have since you first showed him to us. Good idea to keep them binoculars out of your coat pocket, they will break a rib. take care

Thanx for the compliment on my grey mule,I was down there yesterday and saw a differnce in him on pasture no feed.
good luck

Faster horses said:
Now here's my two cents...oats and 'sweet feed' cause horses to get hot and unruly because of a situation called "acid gut". I think you can find out more information on the Progressive Nutrition website.

I'm proof you can teach an old dog a new trick... :wink:

And we always grained our horses when we caught them and saddled them so that they didn't get that 'reward' when we got back to the barn.
Getting unsaddled was reward enough, we figured...unless it was a long ride.

Have a great day!

Good to see you back girl,I was worried you got yourself in trouble somewhere being a single woman now.
I guess you are right about the "acid gut theory" makes no differnce to me what it called and I reckon some horses are worse than others about the sweeet feed deal.
I probably feed everything I own too much,so take the blame for some of the 2 steppin and crow hoppin,he's doing better,believe I will lay off the sweet stuff for about 60 days,then see what happens when i start him on it again.................good luck

PS Go over to the coffe shop and get your picture posted :D

Latest posts