• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who Gets This?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Looks like Tyson/Cargil/etal will be receiving another little Canadian government payment...

---------------------------------

Beef News
Alberta receives $40 million to beef up BSE prevention

By Tom Johnston on 3/14/2007 for Meatingplace.com

The Canadian province of Alberta is receiving $40 million to help beef industry companies prepare for new feed rules aimed at preventing bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Provided by local and federal governments, the funding will help companies comply with the new regulations, which will prohibit certain animal tissues from being used in all animal feeds. That includes brains, eyes, tonsils and spinal cords from cattle younger than 30 months of age.

The new rules take effect July 12.

The federal government's $19.8 million contribution to Alberta is a portion of an $80 million nationwide specified risk material removal program.

Here's a list of who gets this funding.... not Cargill and Tyson unless they have new innovations. Mainly abattoirs that farm gate retailers use.

Funding will be available to a wide cross-section of industry including:
• federally regulated abattoirs that slaughter cattle
• renderers
• companies permitted to destroy or contain SRM
• individuals and companies with new technologies that eliminate infectivity and add value to SRM
• individuals and companies located in Alberta, which provide disposal solutions for SRM generated in the province
• provincially regulated red meat abattoirs and mobile butchers in Alberta that slaughter cattle.

Jason said:
Here's a list of who gets this funding.... not Cargill and Tyson unless they have new innovations. Mainly abattoirs that farm gate retailers use.

• renderers
• individuals and companies with new technologies that eliminate infectivity and add value to SRM
• individuals and companies located in Alberta, which provide disposal solutions for SRM generated in the province
• provincially regulated red meat abattoirs and mobile butchers in Alberta that slaughter cattle.

Jason, if you believe in free markets, why have a subsidy? This cost would get passed right on to those who should have it--the consumer. Why should the government circumvent the free market?

• renderers

And how many of these are actually Tyson/Cargil/etal-- just a subsidiary or in a different name...Remember just like they own or control many of the feeders/feedlots or cattle in them, they also own or control many of the biproduct companies also.....

Oldtimer said:
• renderers

And how many of these are actually Tyson/Cargil/etal-- just a subsidiary or in a different name...Remember just like they own or control many of the feeders/feedlots or cattle in them, they also own or control many of the biproduct companies also.....

The big packers don't want to get rid of their comparative advantages, even when the market says no to them, so they get the government to help fund them.

It is just plain screwy.

Hey just a thought OLDTIMER IF the US was to implement these new rules CANADA HAS who do you think would be kicking in to pay for them? Who will be paying to implement your M'COOL law? Who will be paying for implementing your M'ID when Colin Petterson gets it married to your M'COOL bill? My guess is the US government, not you. So you have no right to talk about who is paying in Canada now do you. :roll: :roll: :x

Tam said:
Hey just a thought OLDTIMER IF the US was to implement these new rules CANADA HAS who do you think would be kicking in to pay for them? Who will be paying to implement your M'COOL law? Who will be paying for implementing your M'ID when Colin Petterson gets it married to your M'COOL bill? My guess is the US government, not you. So you have no right to talk about who is paying in Canada now do you. :roll: :roll: :x

I got no problem with it Tam-- if Canadian taxpayers and the Canadian Government want to subsidize the US and multinational Packers (Cargill/Tyson)-- great....

I'm just not sure all the producers in Canada are as tightly enamored by them as you are :roll:

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

I got no problem with it Tam-- if Canadian taxpayers and the Canadian Government want to subsidize the US and multinational Packers (Cargill/Tyson)-- great....

I'm just not sure all the producers in Canada are as tightly enamored by them as you are :roll:

I doubt they think of it as you do Oldtimer I think they look it as providing the Industry with the funds it will take to implement costly rules that are meant to protect our futures.

Who will be paying for these same rules changes IF they are ever implemented in the US Oldtimer?

Come on Oldtimer who will be subsidizing the US industry? :?

We don't have it so I know of no subsidies for them...

If they are instituted, Canada should be the one that pays for them since they are the one putting the higher burden on the industry and wanting to put the higher risk product into the US....

Maybe another Canuck checkoff-eh??

Oldtimer said:

If they are instituted, Canada should be the one that pays for them since they are the one putting the higher burden on the industry and wanting to put the higher risk product into the US....

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending the US doesn't have BSE Again Oldtimer. These new rules are to prevent any chance of spreading BSE and since you have BSE floating around your native herd I would think you would want them implemented in the US too. But I guess the safety of your herd and consumers aren't as important to you as you let on.
Pathetic Oldtimer Pathetic

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

Sticking your head in the sand and pretending the US doesn't have BSE Again Oldtimer. These new rules are to prevent any chance of spreading BSE and since you have BSE floating around your native herd I would think you would want them implemented in the US too. But I guess the safety of your herd and consumers aren't as important to you as you let on.

If you look at the facts it looks like our feedban has worked with the amount of risk we had-still no post feedbans found....

How about yours- eh-- 5 out the last 10 positives were POST feedban- with almost one showing up every 2 months this last year (as young as 4 years old :roll: )....With that kind of track record I can see why you have to do something desperate - at least to look like your doing something positive......

Whatever has happened to those 8,000 head of feedban violation quarantined cattle in Saskatchewan? Haven't heard anything lately.....

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
Tam said:

I doubt they think of it as you do Oldtimer I think they look it as providing the Industry with the funds it will take to implement costly rules that are meant to protect our futures.

Who will be paying for these same rules changes IF they are ever implemented in the US Oldtimer?

Come on Oldtimer who will be subsidizing the US industry? :?

I as well as 99.9% of the folks around me would love to kick every American owned feed lot and slaughter house out of this country.We do not want to subsidize fence sitters who are profiting from both countries while screwing them at the same time. :mad: :mad:

OT you were starting to make sense with what you were saying .You know-- about BSE and more research being done and how all countries need to really start doing their best and stop hiding information 8) .Now you went back to the whole Bull Sh!!tt.I don't know if you get frustrated and start posting crap because you don't know how else to respond or if you just don't care and try to pick a fight over crap :twisted: .You do what ever you got to do if this little forum stops you from crossing the border and killing your nearest Canadian BSE infected neighbor well then the B.S. you spew is worth it. :p

Jason -

Quote:
• renderers

You are simply an amazing piece of work Jason.

rkaiser said:
Jason -

Quote:
• renderers

I said it first! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A mouthpiece for packer propaganda.

Oldtimer said:
Tam said:
Oldtimer said:

If you look at the facts it looks like our feedban has worked with the amount of risk we had-still no post feedbans found....

How about yours- eh-- 5 out the last 10 positives were POST feedban- with almost one showing up every 2 months this last year (as young as 4 years old :roll: )....With that kind of track record I can see why you have to do something desperate - at least to look like your doing something positive......

Whatever has happened to those 8,000 head of feedban violation quarantined cattle in Saskatchewan? Haven't heard anything lately.....

What does the testing that was done in the US tell you Oldtimer. It told most anyone paying any attention that you are hiding BSE are you proud of that?

About the 8000 head
All of the contaminated feed has been recalled and the CFIA has verified that all receiving farms have been properly cleaned. Preliminary findings of a science-based assessment indicate that the risk to animal health is, at most, very low. No exposed animals or their products were exported.

Now What happen to the cattle that should have been quarantined due to these

MAD COW FEED RECALL USA SEPT 6, 2006 1961.72 TONS IN COMMERCE AL, TN, AND WV
Date: September 6, 2006 at 7:58 am PST

MAD COW FEED RECALLS ENFORCEMENT REPORT FOR AUGUST 9, 2006 KY, LA, MS, AL, GA, AND TN 11,000+ TONS Date: August 16, 2006 at 9:19 am PST

Was all the feed successfully recalled Oldtimer?

Have you ever heard the old saying don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house. Well Oldtimer until you do the proper testing and clean up your act when it comes to your feed ban don't toss rocks across the border. :wink:

Tammy- If you don't know what happened to or care what happened to those 8,000 head of cattle- you can just say so, you don't need to climb on the broom....

I see the CFIA site hasn't had anything for sometime- thought probably an industry leader from Saskatchewan would be concerned enough to stay on top of it....But maybe not :roll:

Oldtimer said:
Tammy- If you don't know what happened to or care what happened to those 8,000 head of cattle- you can just say so, you don't need to climb on the broom....

I see the CFIA site hasn't had anything for sometime- thought probably an industry leader from Saskatchewan would be concerned enough to stay on top of it....But maybe not :roll:

Hope you were able to sleep last night OT. They are still under quarentine.

rkaiser said:
Jason -

Quote:
• renderers

Thanks Randy I think I am amazing too!

Oldtimer said:

What happen to the cattle that ate contaminated feed in the US Oldtimer? Are they still under quarantine like ours ? Were they ever under quarantine?
I would have thought somebody that is so interested in the safety of US consumer health would care where the US cattle were and what is being done to clean them up. Guess not. :wink:

BTW Oldtimer at least our tax payer dollars are being spent on implementing stronger firewalls to further protect a very large part of our economy. Wonder what the US tax payers think about theirs being used to fight new and different court cases thought up by Johnny Smith to raise funds for R-CALF coffers. :roll:

Latest posts