• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Under the Christmas tree last night

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Or....is it a pampered pet with his own Christmas tree in a utility room or barn?

Inquiring minds want to know! Is there a happy ending? Or a political one, as in 'It stinks to the high heavens'?

mrj

Skunks can be pretty friendly. I fed one at the dairy barn when I was little and it followed me around like a puppy.

I have the Christmas tree out on an open front porch. Have put some cat food out for a family of three feral cats that have been around for two or three years. This started when a male cat that had a broken front leg slept on the porch a lot. After I had fed him for a while he brought the female over to eat. Then they had three kittens, one of whom has survived. Also maybe another kitten, now a year old, who was left on my porch by someone in mid November a year ago. She was about starved, eyes stuck shut, and fleas. I still have her as an inside-outside cat. I have a door with double flaps to lift to get in or out. I think a neighbor to the north of me had the mother spayed a while back, if I heard right when she talked on the phone. The connection was not very good. A while back I had not seen the mother cat for a while, and when she showed up I talked to her and asked how she was and she gave me a long list of things she was grumbling about. She usually was quiet.
The skunk found the food and as its usual food (insects) which are not too plentiful now, the skunk took the opportunity for food. It does not seem to be aggressive so I will leave it alone.

Latest posts