• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Waiting Room

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post this poem I wrote today. Don't wanna come across as preachy or too self righteous. But this poem happened to one of our good friends Sunday. And it's another example of how much we are loved and fretted over by those we love, dearly who are gone. So I give to you…….

The waiting room

All alone, in the waiting room, worried about baby and wife.

Hoping the doctors can work their miracles, and save their newborn's life.

The helicopter had flown her there, the baby at 32 weeks.

Complications had come, and their lives were in danger, as the tears ran down both his cheeks.

Family was coming, but hadn't got there yet, and Dad was alone and scared.

Spent his time, visiting with God, as he sent up prayer after prayer.

So caught up on what was happening, never noticed a lady, sitting a few seats away.

And when he went to the NICU waiting room, she did too, in her quiet sweet way.

Finally news came the baby was there, and that mom and baby were fine.

And he could go in and see his sweetheart, Oh, how he'd prayed for this time!

But as he stood to leave, the lady said go, I'll stay and look after your baby boy.

And when RJ turned to took at her, well, his heart overflowed with joy.

Because the lady there in the waiting room, was his sweet, kind Grandma Christine.

And he stared at her, for the sight he saw, is one only seldom seen.

She had died, back in September, and now she was here, with him.

He wasn't alone, he wasn't unloved, as he'd went though this trial, dark and grim.

He went in to hold his wife in his arms, and kiss her gently on her face.

And when he came back to the waiting room, his grandma was gone without a trace.

His family arrived, to support and to love, and none of them saw what he'd seen.

But the miracle happened, and will stay with him always, tender and sacred, serene.

And the lesson to learn, is we are never alone, especially, when we hurt and suffer.

The Savior and angels are standing beside us, always, when times just get tougher.

Just because we only rarely see them, sure doesn't mean that they aren't right there.

To love and to comfort, to lift up and help carry, all of the burdens we bear.

Remember that the next time you feel all alone, and you need someone, to get to you soon.

There are angels around you, unseen everyday, even, in an empty, waiting room.

DEH December 22

My wife had a totally different yet somewhat similar situation. They had gathered cattle on her ranch down in the high desert by Denio NV. She took a colt and rode back to where they had left the trailer. Well the colt wouldn't get in the trailer try as she might. She is in the middle of nowhere all alone a long ways from the ranch. She prayed for help. Suddenly out of nowhere a man on a mountain bike appeared. He helped her get the colt loaded. She tied the horse in the trailer. Closed the door and looked around to thank him for his help. In the middle of nowhere, where you can see forever he was nowhere in sight. There are angels who will show up when they are needed and you ask for their help.

I wasn't sure if I should post this poem I wrote today. Don't wanna come across as preachy or too self righteous. But this poem happened to one of our good friends Sunday. And it's another example of how much we are loved and fretted over by those we love, dearly who are gone. So I give to you…….

The waiting room

All alone, in the waiting room, worried about baby and wife.

Hoping the doctors can work their miracles, and save their newborn's life.

The helicopter had flown her there, the baby at 32 weeks.

Complications had come, and their lives were in danger, as the tears ran down both his cheeks.

Family was coming, but hadn't got there yet, and Dad was alone and scared.

Spent his time, visiting with God, as he sent up prayer after prayer.

So caught up on what was happening, never noticed a lady, sitting a few seats away.

And when he went to the NICU waiting room, she did too, in her quiet sweet way.

Finally news came the baby was there, and that mom and baby were fine.

And he could go in and see his sweetheart, Oh, how he'd prayed for this time!

But as he stood to leave, the lady said go, I'll stay and look after your baby boy.

And when RJ turned to took at her, well, his heart overflowed with joy.

Because the lady there in the waiting room, was his sweet, kind Grandma Christine.

And he stared at her, for the sight he saw, is one only seldom seen.

She had died, back in September, and now she was here, with him.

He wasn't alone, he wasn't unloved, as he'd went though this trial, dark and grim.

He went in to hold his wife in his arms, and kiss her gently on her face.

And when he came back to the waiting room, his grandma was gone without a trace.

His family arrived, to support and to love, and none of them saw what he'd seen.

But the miracle happened, and will stay with him always, tender and sacred, serene.

And the lesson to learn, is we are never alone, especially, when we hurt and suffer.

The Savior and angels are standing beside us, always, when times just get tougher.

Just because we only rarely see them, sure doesn't mean that they aren't right there.

To love and to comfort, to lift up and help carry, all of the burdens we bear.

Remember that the next time you feel all alone, and you need someone, to get to you soon.

There are angels around you, unseen everyday, even, in an empty, waiting room.

DEH December 22
Thank you for sharing

Latest posts