• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Smoke

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
It is pretty smokey here today. The BLM had some contractors cut several hundred acres of Juniper a year and half ago. They went through with looked like giant log skidders with a grapple on the front. They pile them where the ground was flat enough to get around. Well today they are burning those piles. The smoke is all blowing right down to our house. A lot of smoke! Thank you BLM.

I have been using what is sold as Pronone pellets. I forget the chemical. Little pellets about the size of an aspirin. It says one pellet for every 3 feet tall. Just spread them around the drip line of the tree. The trees just die in place. Tree is dead a few months later. Taking up less space than falling them. Also a lot cheaper and easier than falling, piling, and burning.

Last edited:
I'll have to try that. Wherever we doze out fence lines, the hawthorns grow back thicker than ever. Within 5 years or so, you find yourself crawling through the brush on your hands and knees instead of driving a side by side along when checking fence.

Latest posts