• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

question for Loomixguy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DejaVu

Reaction score
About 4 years ago we used Loomix on several pens of calves. The kid selling the product drifted on to something else. 2 red tubs were left here. His distributorship was picked up by another kid who didn't last long. Today, that kid stopped here to pick up a couple cows and claimed the tubs were his, that he'd paid $100 apiece for the tubs when he bought the distributorship. We let him take them. Not worth arguing over but it seemed strange. Are those tubs actually reused from one herd to another? If so, isn't that a bio-hazard? If possible, can you tell me what is the policy on those tubs? I assumed the tubs and product were billed to us and we owned them.
Thanks.

DejaVu said:
About 4 years ago we used Loomix on several pens of calves. The kid selling the product drifted on to something else. 2 red tubs were left here. His distributorship was picked up by another kid who didn't last long. Today, that kid stopped here to pick up a couple cows and claimed the tubs were his, that he'd paid $100 apiece for the tubs when he bought the distributorship. We let him take them. Not worth arguing over but it seemed strange. Are those tubs actually reused from one herd to another? If so, isn't that a bio-hazard? If possible, can you tell me what is the policy on those tubs? I assumed the tubs and product were billed to us and we owned them.
Thanks.

The kid was probably telling you the truth that the tubs were his. Those troughs new run around $165 each, so if he bought out a failed dealership, $100 a pop seems fair.

By contract, the only people who can legally own or buy those troughs is a licensed LOOMIX dealer. They are not to be sold to the general public.

Yes, the troughs are reused from herd to herd, time and time again. LOOMIX has been doing this successfully since 1952, on millions and millions of cows, with no problems whatsoever. The pH in the products is so low that nothing can live in it, whether it be germs or raccoons, birds, etc. Lick wheel tanks generally never leave their original location, and are usually billed to the producer. LOOMIX troughs are easily moved with the cattle and are provided at no charge to the producer as a way of adding value to the LOOMIX program.

Latest posts