• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ole 47 John Deere

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
IMG_0661.jpg

Brought this ole John Deere up to the Hill country place

IMG_0658.jpg

it's a 47 model, same as me and both of us can plow all day or nite depending on what needs plowin :wink: ..............good luck

Good ya got it home. Now whatcha gonna do, restore it? I don't know if I wanna git into the tractor restorin thing or not, cuz I know good'n well we'd get it back home and I'd be the first one to put a scratch on the new paint.

I bet you can clean clocks too hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I probably will restore it some day,this one runs good and I like to see them workin in their work clothes,pretty good little tractors for rakin hay,but I would sure hate to try and make a living with one...........good luck

We have an old Minniapolis Moline that's a tricycle tractor, I never felt comfortable usin it. I'll stick with the Case or the Ford that we have....They both got all four wheels out where they sposta be LOL

Haymaker, we had a John Deere "B" when I was a kid(didn't everybody?). It's job was pulling two 14ft. JD dump rakes, hooked together. My job was to drive it and pull the trip-rope.
Ah..... the memories. :)

Good looking "B" Hay Maker! I'll have to go take the 50 out for a drive this afternoon now that I'm thinking Johnny Poppers. Can't wait for hay season so I can spend the day on it.

Tom S, where you been boy,I thought you quit us often wondered where you were,glad to see you are still kickin...............good luck
PS it's a "A"

HAY MAKER said:
HayMaker, Here is My Dad's toy. He likes to play on the weekends. Was my Grandpa's main tractor. He passsed on and Dad restored it. It's called the $$Inheritance$$. Your's looks to be in really good shape.
IMG_0813web.jpg

we redid two 47's this winter. had one for years, and bought a junker for parts....junker turned out to be better than the other!

I will try to get some pics on here. one is all done, the other is about 90% done.

Latest posts