• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jordan Valley Big Loop

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
Went down to Jordan Valley yesterday. Watched the slack in the big loop roping. Horse roping with 20 foot loops Wandered through the trade show. This is an interesting event. Totally unlike a big time rodeo. This is ranchers and cowboys come to play for the weekend. About 200 free range ranch kids running around packing ropes. Roping themselves, each other, and most anything they can stick a loop on.
Our Leaning H was there for their first cowboy poetry event. I watched him life once before. He has improved 1,000% since then. He had some Jordan Valley ranch kids who were sitting in front of me literally rolling on the floor laughing. Two sing/song writers, two poets, they put on a terrific show. Well worth the drive.

I was Miles City Bucking horse sale this weekend.

Wonder if they got the nice rain we did.

I had a long week so I had a good nap Sunday afternoon while it was raining.
Why didn't you tell us? We could have met you there. Did you have a good time?
We lived 80 miles from there for 22 years and never went to the Bucking Horse Sale.
Shame on us.

I was Miles City Bucking horse sale this weekend.

Wonder if they got the nice rain we did.

I had a long week so I had a good nap Sunday afternoon while it was raining.
We watched the bronc match from our warm recliners.......good show....Did they wave the markout rule there.....I don't recall anyone getting a goose egg because they missed their horse out.....

Why didn't you tell us? We could have met you there. Did you have a good time?
We lived 80 miles from there for 22 years and never went to the Bucking Horse Sale.
Shame on us.
I didn't make it,
Just heard that it was on on Friday night at our yearly barn dance outing,
I also saw a short clip of an interview with Dawson Hay

Latest posts