• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

It's Feb 8, 6:00 pm mt, and it's....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I think I agree with my departed Father, he said "there ought to be a law again rain between Thanksgiving and Easter"

Doug Thorson said:
I think I agree with my departed Father, he said "there ought to be a law again rain between Thanksgiving and Easter"

I've said I'd never turn down rain, but I think I'll have to agree with your Dad, too. Our ground is still really frozen, if we continue to get rain, I will guess we'll have some pretty good flooding.

Have you gotten any of this rain Doug?

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

When the ground is frozen it doesn't take much to look like a lot but it just flat out poured here for about 20 minutes and about 2 hours of intermittent drizzle.

Rain missed us- but we should get a good rain about mid May if the old "90 Days past a fog" holds true :D ....Yesterday and today its been pea soup until about noon.. Have to let the cows find you when you feed...

Blkbuckaroo said:
Got about four inches of snow and dumping pretty good.So there's hope for a little snow pack now. :D

I looked it up on the precipitation site:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/rfcshare/precip_analysis_new.php

and most of northeast Montana is now sitting at 200-300% of normal moisture for the water year... :D With all the snow we have on the ground- and all the coulees drifted full - we should have some grass and some water in the water holes this spring.... :D

Rambo said:
Rained here most of the night and most of the day, now we're supposed to get 10" of snow. :mad:

My son just called me from Minot ND- said it is raining and supposed to change to snow....Said its going to be like a skating rink...

I thought I had a mess until just now. According to KELO Mobridge had 2.15 of rain. Are any of you still up there or are you on your way to New Orleans? :!:

Doug Thorson said:
I thought I had a mess until just now. According to KELO Mobridge had 2.15 of rain. Are any of you still up there or are you on your way to New Orleans? :!:

Doug, I think it kinda feels like it! Lazy Ace moved our bred heifers up closer to our house so they could get some protection...where they were doesn't have much for windbreak (we don't even think about starting to calve for better than a month) and he said something to the effect "it's a swamp."

I crossed both the Grand River and Firesteel Creek early yesterday morning, before the most the rain came, and the Grand was out of it's banks and the Firesteel Creek was nearly out. Both the Cedar and Cannonball Rivers were out of their banks too. Between all the snow and rain and frozen ground I'd say it is a little wet.

Sunday night I told lazy ace I'd be worried if I had a ice house out on Lake Oahe. I bet it is a true fish house now!

Who'd thunk it...Feb 8, 9 and 10...all this rain! But it has started to snow now!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Lazy Ace is right it`s a swamp. We only got about 1" but on frozen ground and a small amount of ice damns it`s crissing the road in several places. I NEVER SAW THE LIKES OF THIS BEFORE. How bout Lazy ace`s Grand Father has he ever seen this/this early?

It made me think of years ago from the stories of my Dad and uncle about cutting ice for the icehouse. This would have been a DISASTER! The only cool for the whole summer washed down the creek!

Latest posts