• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HAY MAKER,hard at work

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Haymaker was only kidding about looking llike MR KFC. :wink: Its still darn wet here but the flood waters have receded. We were able to get the last of the cows that were stranded moved to the other pasture yesterday. The ground is still so wet it is making cutting hay hard. Once we get it cut it doesnt take long to dry with these high temps were having right now :)

katrina said:
I went baack and looked at the ice tongs.... ICE TONGS HELL!!!!! THAT'S A NAKED LADY NEXT TO THOSE ICE TONGS.....Haymaker....... That's kinky..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I better go check this out Katrina,maybe I am getting old :shock: cause last time I looked at it, it was a picture of an old duck hunter painting some duck decoys,since when has a picture of a naked lady been considered "kinky"? Where I come from kinky is what BMR does to poor lil ole :KD LANG" :D :D ...........good luck

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Haymaker was only kidding about looking llike MR KFC. :wink: Its still darn wet here but the flood waters have receded. We were able to get the last of the cows that were stranded moved to the other pasture yesterday. The ground is still so wet it is making cutting hay hard. Once we get it cut it doesnt take long to dry with these high temps were having right now :)

MR,same old story every year ,too hot .too dry too wet ,too cold and always ,the wrong place at the wrong time ,sometimes I wonder about this work called ranching,but I reckon cold weather will be along soon enough,and a man with plenty feed for his cattle and a warm fire,a good supper an a pretty woman for company,makes it all worth while :wink: ........good luck

Faster horses said:
Yea, Haymaker. My husband would agree with you on not eating anything with feathers.

He says they're called "FOUL" (fowl) for a reason!!

Hey, I think white hair makes people look very distinquished! :)

Your husband is sure right about that! There are some chickens around here and I like to hear an old rooster crow in the morning,but they are without a doubt the nastiest damn things I ever saw pecking around in cow dung and eating worms,believe ILL stick to beef :wink: ...........good luck PS tell your husband a TX cowboy said hello.

the real jake said:
Say Hay Maker, you look quite distinguished. Neat pic.

Tom S., haven't visited for a while with you. Did you ever get the book that I gave you the address for? He led quite the life in numerous professions.

How are things going in your neighborhood at the moment? Are you making your pilgrimage out west this year, and a bite at the Olive Hotel? :D I might have to go up there and have some of that Filet Mignon myself one of these days. You suppose if we both went up that rancher and his missus would join us? :wink:

Oh the good ole days on ranchers.net.

Jake,I have the address in my desk for the book and to tell you the truth it had slipped my mind until your post reminding me of it. I'll send it out this week. Getting feeble minded I guess. Other than going senile things are going pretty good in my area this year, a little on the dry side but lookin good, first crop gave enough hay to carry us through and the silage corn is doing good. My "experimental" open pollinated corn is out preforming the silage hybrids bigtime to my surprise.

Won't make the pilgrimage this year as far as I can see but looks good for next summer in June. If we stay in any kind of contact from time to time here I'll let you know when I'm coming through. I'd be willing to bet we'd get rancher and the missus to join us by then.I hope to get over to Oldtimer's area this time too. Them were some good old days on the bull session, miss em, it just isn't the same that's for sure.

Holler when a cold front comes through! This heat is rough. :D

Haymaker, you look like the next door neighbor on Tim the tool man show (Home Improvement). You complain it is hot, but yet you have on carharts and a felt hat, what is going on?

I remember grandma talkin bout makin a trip to town to git a big block of ice when she was a kid. From what I understand it was brought in on ships and packed in straw then brought in on the rail road, to the "ice house" where you then went in and got it...nearly everyone has a pair or two of ice tongs hangin here n there...n Oh by the way...they make nifty paper towel holders.

The room in my house that has all the nifty old rusty iron objects found here n there is my bathroom. N nope I'm not gonna post a pic of me sittin in there (lmao) but I have two or three old bits, a metal single tree, some things even I dont know what are..but thought they were neat n picked em up n brought em home n hung em on a nail in there. My bathroom is decorated to look like the walls are leather with barbedwire and stars for border....with a rope all the way around the ceiling.
Yeap you got it....hubby thought I was nuts when I started that project..but when I was thru he sang a different tune.

I'm eager to see those tools, too and what a single tree is.

rancher said:
Haymaker, you look like the next door neighbor on Tim the tool man show (Home Improvement). You complain it is hot, but yet you have on carharts and a felt hat, what is going on?

I really dont like straw hats,and when IM patching fence them old carhartts are hard to beat,besides you see what I do if it gets too hot :wink: .................good luck PS you caught up on your haying?

ok here's the bathroom pics.....
1f891d96.jpg

Rope around the ceiling

aea1862b.jpg

horseshoe shelf with barbedwire wreath and a cement trowel on shelf

34eccd45.jpg

Old gate chain on the right and a " I dunno whutitiz" on the left

b0baa932.jpg

Single tree

0d7b2eca.jpg

lower bottoms a small pully..and there's some kinda old buckle..other two I have no idea.

neat bathroom Jersy.......I should take pictures of my house and show ya...you'd like it...all rustic, old time stuff.....i have a habit of hanging up old things. I also have a bottle and jar "collection"....pretty neat.

Jersey Lily-----if ya should ever find yourself in my area, stop by and lend a hand in helping me fix up this place!!! I LOVE what you have done....verrrrrry nice!! :D :D

You hafta come to the Hill country and snazz my bath room up like that ,and bring that weiner dog I still wanna trade :wink: ...........good luck

Ya hear all the time bout folks "bringin the outdoors in"(meaning green stuff)....I dont havva green thumb so...when I bring the outdoors in..its in the form of somethin old n dusty n prolly needed a good cleanin job to clear out the coodies and spider leavins. Hubby just shakes his head..he's learned....dont say a werd....

TXTibbs said:
neat bathroom Jersy.......I should take pictures of my house and show ya...you'd like it...all rustic, old time stuff.....i have a habit of hanging up old things. I also have a bottle and jar "collection"....pretty neat.

OK,let's see it :D ..............good luck

As kids we'd usually drag something in alive and try to rear it. Dad always said the barn is for the critters, but somehow we managed to keep them in the house.......riding we would always be off chasing some sort of critter through the grass...haha....

HAY MAKER said:
TXTibbs said:

OK,let's see it :D ..............good luck

ok..haha...if I get around to it I'll snap some tonight. :wink:

Latest posts