• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Does This Add Up?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WB, here's the only GeneNet grid I'm familiar with. It shows an old date but I believe it to be current based on recently checking up on it. Source/Age premium moves around a little based on the supply of those verified young cattle (seasonal). The Ch/Se spread base is $8.00.

http://www.genenetbeef.com/grid.pdf

There is another version for Dumas, TX. The difference there would be the market price used to determine the base.

HP

There is a bit of misconception that for cattle to work on a carcass grid they won't work out root hogging for a living-the cow that has made the most choice-Y1 carcasses for us is an old 3/4HH/1/4 LH cow that has lived on snowballs and promises for all her 16 years. Maybe the breed leaders for some carcass traits can't work well in the real world but there are lots of everyday Angus X cows that can do just fine with their calves on one. My own herd could do a little better yield grade wise but we make more money off selling replacements than we do off cows that would ring the bell yield wise.

Latest posts