• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Can anyone in South Dakota board some horses?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Judith

Reaction score
I need three mares (one in foal) boarded immediately if not sooner. It needs to be really reasonable as it cost me a fortune to get them that far.... They are thoroughbreds therefore they are not easy keepers.

Phone numbers to REPUTABLE establishments would be great!

LOL!!! Thanks a ton, but wrong direction :) Sask is the other way :)

Judith digs out a map of the USA cuz she has no idea what is where..... ( I am geographically challenged)

Judith said:
Judith digs out a map of the USA cuz she has no idea what is where..... ( I am geographically challenged)
Just ask your nine year old,he can help you :lol:

He is 11 smart bum AND I keep him in a small box so that he doesnt have things like this to hang over his mothers head.

Judith said:

Mississippi is next to a river,

;-}

PPRM

I'll ck with a buddy of mine in Hay Springs NE. He's a ' horse' guy and might could do that for you.

Or better yet...I'll PM you his email and you can ask him. That would be faster..so ck yer PM's

Whatever side gets them one leg closer to home :) Be warned though anyone offering board, TB ARE NOT easy keepers. I thought they would do ok just out on pasture (mine are ok here, but different soil etc...) Anyhow the extra work they require (grain etc) is turning out to be a huge pain for the rancher they are currently staying with. We both figured we would just toss em out and they would do fine. The intent was not to make more work for the poor fella.....

Good luck, Judith!

Sorry I can't keep the horses for you.

1. They are mares.

2. We and most of western SD is STILL in a pretty tough drought and most people really don't have enough feed for the decreased herds they have been able to keep.

3. SD is about 400 miles east to west, and 250 or more north to south, with the east half or more of the state being in much better condition, forage wise than the west river (Missouri R. divides the state from slightly west of middle-north side to southeast corner) area.

4. It seems most people would want to know the probable length of time you will need them boarded out.

Again, good luck!

mrj

Thanks mrj,
Looks like I might have things ironed out here. Will know in a couple of days. Everyone pray for me that I can have real quick resolution. Thank you to absolutely everyone!!!

I'm in North Dakota. How long are you looking at boarding them for? I have 70 ac. and only 3 horses on it so theres plunty of room to go around. I have also been around TB's most of my life and know the breed well. If your plans fall threw let me know. I'm sure we could work something out cheaply. Sandra

Yup, I found a great place :) I REALLY appreciate all the help with this :) Again a huge thank you to everyone!!!!

wonderful :) :)

keep me in mind if you get in a bind again--i can always make room for a few more (somehow), and by then maybe my fences will be the way i want 'em :)

Latest posts