• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What did I see?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MsSage

Reaction score
Last night at 2:24 am while coming out of the barn I saw a flash kinda like lightning, it lite up the area to almost daylight. Since we had thunderstorms about 4 hours earlier I was looking for the bolt. The sky was clear I could see all the stars. When I turned and looked to the north sky I saw a red ball with a yellow circle around it . It was almost the size of a basketball and about as high up as a firwork would be. The ball was traveling toward the north. All of a sudden it sorta exploded, more like just went away. There was NO SOUND. 3 mins later there was a sonic boom.

No I wasnt drunk, I KNOW its not space aliens and I know its not space junk due to the flash. I know the time since I called Shoer right after it went away.

MsSage said:
Last night at 2:24 am while coming out of the barn I saw a flash kinda like lightning, it lite up the area to almost daylight. Since we had thunderstorms about 4 hours earlier I was looking for the bolt. The sky was clear I could see all the stars. When I turned and looked to the north sky I saw a red ball with a yellow circle around it . It was almost the size of a basketball and about as high up as a firwork would be. The ball was traveling toward the north. All of a sudden it sorta exploded, more like just went away. There was NO SOUND. 3 mins later there was a sonic boom.

No I wasnt drunk, I KNOW its not space aliens and I know its not space junk due to the flash. I know the time since I called Shoer right after it went away.

You know what I think?

You were drunk.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

:wink:

.....and she's against making pot legal!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now we know why!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

You need to check with Texan, see if he's eaten at a Mexican buffet lately. :twisted:

When I used to work late at night and be driving home I seen a lot of Meteors. One was so close you could hear it burning up. They are pretty cool until the big one comes and kills us all :wink:

Every article I've read about meteors says that there is a brilliant flash when they enter the atmosphere. That's when they actually catch fire.

http://www.lanl.gov/news/releases/archive/02-127.shtml

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Every article I've read about meteors says that there is a brilliant flash when they enter the atmosphere. That's when they actually catch fire.

http://www.lanl.gov/news/releases/archive/02-127.shtml

I've seen meteors here in GA and when working out West.....and yeah there is a FLASH.

Of course, like most things, size matters :wink: ,and the bigger the meteor the bigger the flash and vice versa.

kolanuraven said:
Of course, like most things, size matters :wink: ,and the bigger the meteor the bigger the flash and vice versa.

:oops: :D For some reason that comment just cracks me up today.

CattleArmy said:
kolanuraven said:

Ohhhh......this sounds good....details gal!!!....details!!!!

kolanuraven said:
CattleArmy said:
kolanuraven said:

Ohhhh......this sounds good....details gal!!!....details!!!!
OH lawrd yeah it cracks me up too.

MsSage said:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
There is NO FLASH with a meteor. I have seen LOTS of them and this was not a meteor.
Yes there is!!! We had one in AB recently and almost everyone that seen it seen the flash first....Greg included.

Mrs.Greg said:
MsSage said:
There is NO FLASH with a meteor. I have seen LOTS of them and this was not a meteor.
Yes there is!!! We had one in AB recently and almost everyone that seen it seen the flash first....Greg included.

And Greg just smiled cuz he thought someone was takin his picture :wink:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Mrs.Greg said:
MsSage said:

And Greg just smiled cuz he thought someone was takin his picture :wink:
LOL...that would have freaked him out worse. He was sitting in the drivers seat of the dragline,pretty high up. Both him and his oiler thought something blew up.I guess it was something to see,pretty big meteor.

MsSage said:

That was just the first arrivals for the 2009 UFO Festival that is held in Roswell every year on the first weekend in July. See you there!! :lol:

NMRANCHER said:
MsSage said:

That was just the first arrivals for the 2009 UFO Festival that is held in Roswell every year on the first weekend in July. See you there!! :lol:
Dang I forgot about that ...too bad I will have to miss it going to be either in San Antiono or Bozman Mt not sure yet....Shoer cant decide :roll: :roll:

Latest posts