• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What a retarded country we have become

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
NO SEAT BELT ON THE RANCH? NO PROBLEM: President Bush found himself in a flap Tuesday about seat-belt use, a day after a federal agency began a campaign to encourage drivers to buckle up. Video cameras caught Bush without his seat belt while driving a pickup on his Texas ranch last weekend, giving a tour to NATO Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer. White House spokesman Tony Snow declined to comment in detail on Bush's driving habits but said, "We encourage everybody to wear their seat belts." He noted Bush was driving slowly at his ranch when the incident was taped. On Monday, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) began its annual "Click it or Ticket" seat-belt campaign, which runs through June 3. Bush did not violate Texas law. "On private property, you're not required to wear your seat belt," said Tela Mange, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Public Safety. She said "it's fairly common" in the ranchlands of Texas. USA Today: Ranch exempt from 'Click It or Ticket'

Soapweed said:
NO SEAT BELT ON THE RANCH? NO PROBLEM: President Bush found himself in a flap Tuesday about seat-belt use, a day after a federal agency began a campaign to encourage drivers to buckle up. Video cameras caught Bush without his seat belt while driving a pickup on his Texas ranch last weekend, giving a tour to NATO Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer. White House spokesman Tony Snow declined to comment in detail on Bush's driving habits but said, "We encourage everybody to wear their seat belts." He noted Bush was driving slowly at his ranch when the incident was taped. On Monday, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) began its annual "Click it or Ticket" seat-belt campaign, which runs through June 3. Bush did not violate Texas law. "On private property, you're not required to wear your seat belt," said Tela Mange, a spokeswoman for the Texas Department of Public Safety. She said "it's fairly common" in the ranchlands of Texas. USA Today: Ranch exempt from 'Click It or Ticket'

Yep we are getting pretty retarded. I guess we better start wearing our seat belts when putting out hay from now on :roll:

hello!

Well, I must be at fault too, I never wear my seat belt when driving around our property's, course I am in california though lol:p

Poor George just can't get a break...

I sometimes do and sometimed don't wear my bet in the fields.. Used to never but once I was driving a bit too fast and hit a bump and went a bit airborne and knocked my noggin on the ceiling of the truck... NOt the smartest thing to do but... Generally with me, and it might be an age thing, it is such a habit to put the belt on since I have been doing it since as far back as I can remember that I basically do it without giving it any thought... Except in the fields for somereason.. I think it is bcause I hate taking it on and off going through gates.

In Alta its the law one has to wear seat belt on road,we never do on our road that connects our land,but Gregs horrible driving on the gopher infested fields and I've hit my head alot,so I buckle up in field now...lol

Personally I like our buckle-up law,greg hates it but is getting used to it now,and around after 20 miles remembers and buckles up. :lol: [/quote]

Mrs.Greg said:
In Alta its the law one has to wear seat belt on road,we never do on our road that connects our land,but Gregs horrible driving on the gopher infested fields and I've hit my head alot,so I buckle up in field now...lol

Personally I like our buckle-up law,greg hates it but is getting used to it now,and around after 20 miles remembers and buckles up. :lol:
[/quote]

I like the buckle up law from the stand point that it helps make the teens learn to buckle up for their own good.

But the Libertarian in me hates for the Government to tell me what I have to do in my own car :x

I don't buckle up when I'm on my land or anyone elses. I don't know anyone that does. I bet I don't go over 10mph either.

Walt

I can remember not long ago when wearing a seat belt was voluntary, it's kind of like the frog in the pot, they just slowly turn the heat up and we all just sit there.

Some of the ranch pickups on this place are old enough that they don't have seatbelts or used up enough the seatbelts don't work. :?

If they are going to require us to wear seatbelts in the vechicles, they why is it optional for motorcyclists to wear helmet??? :mad:

MN Farm Girl

Are they going to require school busses to have seatbelts installed??

My bus driver use to tell me the reason she was the olny one with aseatbelts was because she was the only important one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Canadian_Cowgirl said:

My bus driver use to tell me the reason she was the olny one with aseatbelts was because she was the only important one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats a part of our seatbelt law I don't approve of...just the driver has to wear them...the main reason was the cost to install belts in the buses,like a childs life isn't priceless. I get so upset driving behind a school bus full of kids running up and down the isles,a deer runs in front of a bus and ALOT of injured children :(

Mrs.Greg said:
Canadian_Cowgirl said:

Thats a part of our seatbelt law I don't approve of...just the driver has to wear them...the main reason was the cost to install belts in the buses,like a childs life isn't priceless. I get so upset driving behind a school bus full of kids running up and down the isles,a deer runs in front of a bus and ALOT of injured children :(

Well then the bus driver isnt doing his\her job, we arent allowed to move unles sthe bus is stopped, well ok the little kids arent allowed to move, and the rest of us usually dont unless were going to beat up on a kid! :p But Darlene(bus driver) yells at any one who walks or isnt facing the front while we are moving!!

Canadian_Cowgirl said:
Mrs.Greg said:
Canadian_Cowgirl said:

Well then the bus driver isnt doing his\her job, we arent allowed to move unles sthe bus is stopped, well ok the little kids arent allowed to move, and the rest of us usually dont unless were going to beat up on a kid! :p But Darlene(bus driver) yells at any one who walks or isnt facing the front while we are moving!!
Your right about that!Our kids were terrified of thier bus driver...heck I was terrified of her :shock:

Mrs.Greg said:
Canadian_Cowgirl said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Your right about that!Our kids were terrified of thier bus driver...heck I was terrified of her :shock:

Oh you got the wrong idea!!! I love Darlene, shes like an aunt to me! and we always get christams, and halloween, and valentine, and easter candy!! She loves us, well theres like8 kids on the bus, and shes pretty much seen us all grow up! But shes not scary!!

You will see helmets madatory before long... already are in bunches of areas/states.. Just a matter of time.. I don't know if it will be the insurance companies that get it done state by state or if feds will attatch to local highway funding like they once did with 55 speed limit and seat belt laws but it will be done....

Canadian_Cowgirl said:
Mrs.Greg said:
Canadian_Cowgirl said:

Oh you got the wrong idea!!! I love Darlene, shes like an aunt to me! and we always get christams, and halloween, and valentine, and easter candy!! She loves us, well theres like8 kids on the bus, and shes pretty much seen us all grow up! But shes not scary!!
Kat I didn't get the wrong idea....I was TRYING to say control by the bus driver is of upmost importance.

ILRancher Alta already has manditory helmet laws,so far for anyone under 18 I believe.And I'm not talking the hockey rink :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:
Canadian_Cowgirl said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Kat I didn't get the wrong idea....I was TRYING to say control by the bus driver is of upmost importance.

Oh im sorrry!! it must be the sickness playing with my head!!

Latest posts