• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Summer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
The calendar says it is summer now. It appears the weather man agrees. It is supposed to be 100 degrees here today. There is nothing about my Scandinavian ancestry and being raised on the north Washington coast that prepares me for 100 degree temperatures. The older I get the more I dislike summer.

The calendar says it is summer now. It appears the weather man agrees. It is supposed to be 100 degrees here today. There is nothing about my Scandinavian ancestry and being raised on the north Washington coast that prepares me for 100 degree temperatures. The older I get the more I dislike summer.
You sound like Mr. FH. Anything above 70 degrees is too hot for him.

Cabbed air-conditioned tractors and Rangers are spoiling us real fast. Just last summer my grandsons and I were content enduring the heat checking cattle but this year we don't want to get out of the cool to get the gates! 😄

6:20 and it is 95 degrees out. The AC in the house is nice. It is a good thing to be retired. Cows are all at summer camp. I will shut down irrigation tomorrow morning to dry things down for the hay guy who will be here in a week or so. I will have about 10 days or more to work on my retirement skills. Sometime in the last 2 weeks in July the wife wants to see Mt Rushmore and the Charles Russell Museum in Great Falls.

6:20 and it is 95 degrees out. The AC in the house is nice. It is a good thing to be retired. Cows are all at summer camp. I will shut down irrigation tomorrow morning to dry things down for the hay guy who will be here in a week or so. I will have about 10 days or more to work on my retirement skills. Sometime in the last 2 weeks in July the wife wants to see Mt Rushmore and the Charles Russell Museum in Great Falls.
We could be on your way to Mt. Rushmore. Let us know and you have an invitation to stop and even spend the night.

I will take 65° and foggy any day, compared to the temperatures some of you deal with.

Spent less than a week in NW Arkansas one time, it was 90° with 90% humidity.
It was around the end of May/first of June. The countryside was beautiful from inside an air conditioned vehicle.

Take me inland to dryer heat, I start feeling fried at 80°.

Guess what I figured out how to type the "degree symbol". Hold down the Alt key, then type in 0176 on the "number keypad", when
you release the Alt key, the "degree symbol" magically appears. :)

Guess what I figured out how to type the "degree symbol". Hold down the Alt key, then type in 0176 on the "number keypad", when
I tried that and got nothing. Hummm?
I was born in Missouri but my parents moved to Wyoming when I was 2 years old. When we would go back there to visit I always wondered why all the houses were so dark with the curtains all pulled shut. I was older when I realized it was to keep the house cool because no one had air conditioning.

I remember going back there as an adult and seeing Charolais cattle in ponds up to their neck trying to keep cool. I can't imagine how hard that heat and humidity would be on a black hide. Missouri is a beautiful state, but I couldn't stand the weather in summer. My folks moved back to Missouri in their later years, but they didn't stay long and came back to Wyoming. Mom said she had a beautiful yard there but it was too hot to enjoy it except from inside the house. I'm sure a person must get acclimated to it at some point.

We will be going through Buffalo but the tentative schedule we would be there early in the day. Thanks for the invite.. We might just make short stop to say hello.
We are 20 miles from Buffalo on the interstate. Let us know when you come and we'll break some bread together.

I can type out degree faster than I can type the other out.:)

Important to keep the "ALT" key depressed until you have entered all the numbers. You have to use the calculator key pad on right side of keyboard.
:)
Untitled.jpg

Latest posts