• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Portable alleyway and squeeze chute

Help Support Ranchers.net:

There are alot of good chutes available, in our operation, we have a sil

encer hyd chute, with a double alleyway that was built by Sandland welding fron Selfridge, ND. In my opinion it really works slick. But there are alot of good chutes available HiQual, Foremost, Pearson. My only advice to you is to get a hydralic one. It takes the work out of working cattle. Just my two cents

Are you looking for the whole thing portable? I have a neighbor that has a setup like that made by scott. I believe they are up in your neighborhood. Also know of a guy that has a for most portable tub alley and chute they both work pretty good.

Last year I used a Sioux portable tub and alley that worked pretty slick. The guy that I rented it from put hydraulics on it to lift the wheels to get them off. Don think they come like that.

Man Katrina I would check out the Daniels Manufacturing at Ainsworth (I think that is where they are). We have been drooling over that double alley for years. Plus it is pretty close for you.

have a good one

lazy ace

lazy ace said:
Man Katrina I would check out the Daniels Manufacturing at Ainsworth (I think that is where they are). We have been drooling over that double alley for years. Plus it is pretty close for you.

have a good one

lazy ace

I started to post that too, cuz like you Lazy ace, we thought it was really
nice, but on the website, www.danielsmfg.com, they no longer show the double alley. They also had those shades that would also make a windbreak;
shade in the summer, windbreak in the winter and I don't see them any more either.

We had a video that showed how well that double alley worked!

I like the Silencer chutes, although a person might check out a Parasol the locals say they are as good as a Silencer. They are about the only one I haven't used, I have run a Titan, HighQual, Daniels, and a Pearson Conversion by Parasol with a Parasol head catch (this is probably my second choice thus the reason I would try to demo a Parasol chute). Daniels and Plus One both make a double alleyway, Scott may too. I am not a big fan of the double alleyway. I think Scott probably builds as big a tub as anyone locally. Lynn builds a pretty good alley as well and I think they build tubs, Creighton Pipe and Post may be the closest dealer.

3 M L & C said:
redrobin said:
katrina said:
We are looking for a double alleyway portable chute and tub?? Any suggestions?
I'd look at a bud box design before I went with a tub.

Why do you say that? Not trying to be a wise guy just wandering.
Cattle go down the alley better. Tubs are slow and increase cattle jams even with dual alleys.

redrobin said:
3 M L & C said:
redrobin said:
I'd look at a bud box design before I went with a tub.

Cattle go down the alley better. Tubs are slow and increase cattle jams even with dual alleys.
Dosnt that depend on who's running the gate. I would really like to get a turret tub by silencer but don't really have enough critters to justify one

3 M L & C said:
redrobin said:
3 M L & C said:
Dosnt that depend on who's running the gate. I would really like to get a turret tub by silencer but don't really have enough critters to justify one

It also depends on how many head you try to crowd in the tub
Too many and they will darn sure jam. Lesser is faster...and less hard on everyone and the cattle too.
If the person selling the tub will tell the buyer that it will hold 12 head, 12 head is what most people will try to put in it, it seems.
Then there is a grand jam...just sayin' :p
I am pretty sure katrina thinks the same way I do. :D

I'm just giving my opinion I guess which isn't worth much. I prefer simple and cheap and fast.

Redrobin, I was going to suggest a Bud Box as well, but thought better of it. The problem lies in how you use it. I find myself getting in a tub and working it the same way I would a Bud Box. Most people can not grasp the concept and until they see it work will not believe it. I would use a Bud Box and a single alley way (a 30ft Parasol with part of the left side opened up so cattle can see, works as well as any). I spent my 2 cents.

I mentioned using a single alley on another thread. The same operation also has a Daniels portable alley which has some advantages. It's portable for one. In my experience the double part loaded fine but bottle-necked into the single alley most of the time. If your crowd or swing pen was set right, and loaded right, you could send those cows down the left side and right on in to the working alley pretty smooth. You just had to leave the swing gate at the entry chained to the right most of the time. Just unhook it every 30 head or so as the "decoys" would get restless. I only got to use it like that once, but it seemed to help.
Having said that, the Daniels alley was built to handle abuse, so using it is no problem. My favorite thing to use it for was freeze-branding. A lot of room for the clipper guys to do a nice job. Preconditiong calves worked pretty slick also. A loading chute works nicely on the front end, a squeeze chute/scale works pretty good.
I have never used a portable tub, but I liked the looks of the For-Most I saw once.

Latest posts