• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Oldtimer - Tax Loopholes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Texan

Reaction score
I guess "tax loopholes" are only a problem for Oldtimer if it's Mitt Romney taking advantage of them. This is what he had to say a few years ago concerning an increase in estate taxes and the impact it would have on the future of his own ranch:

Oldtimer said:
Its already handled--anyone with $250 in their pockets, a little common sense and prior thinking, and a half hour to sit down with their attorney can get around estate taxes on business's/ranch's.....

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=294431#294431

"Get around estate taxes..."

Isn't that a tax loophole, Oldtimer? But it's okay because that's your loophole, right?

Oldtimers "selective response" reflex will kick in & you will never get a response........... :? He's a lot like Oblamea that way........he HATES being proved WRONG !!!

"loopholes" are synonomous with tax credits, are they not?

I wonder if OT has ever claimed a tax credit for fuel?

I wonder if he has also ever claimed he used "farm fuel" for personal usage?

hypocritexposer said:
Mike said:

They could be as simple as tax "deductions.

You say potato, Quayle says patatoe. :lol:

There is a big difference between a Tax "Credit" and a Tax "Deduction".

A tax credit is an amount subtracted from the total tax owed.

A deduction is subtracted from the gross income. An expense.

Mike said:
hypocritexposer said:
Mike said:
They could be as simple as tax "deductions.

You say potato, Quayle says patatoe. :lol:

There is a big difference between a Tax "Credit" and a Tax "Deduction".

A tax credit is an amount subtracted from the total tax owed.

A deduction is subtracted from the gross income. An expense.

Yes, you are correct and and I did know that.

It works the same here in Canuckistan. :wink:

hypocritexposer said:

I'm glad you only asked OT that question and not all the ranchers here. Of course you wouldn't want to ask your buddies though would you?? :) :)BTW I'm sure you meant tax deduction and not credit. Have a good one.

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:

I'm glad you only asked OT that question and not all the ranchers here. Of course you wouldn't want to ask your buddies though would you?? :) :)BTW I'm sure you meant tax deduction and not credit. Have a good one.

Most of my "buddies" here will take advantage of every legal tax deduction/credit that is allowed.

But most won't criticize only Republicans for doing the same.

If you disagree with "tax loopholes", including botth, tax credits and deductions, then vote for a President that will keep his promises when stating that he will decrease them.

Let's wait and see if Romney/Ryan, keep their promise, unlike obama did.

"Lower tax rates 20 percent. We raised about $1.2 trillion through income taxes. We forgo about $1.1 trillion in loopholes and deductions. And so what we're saying is, deny those loopholes and deductions to higher-income taxpayers so that more of their income is taxed."

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:

We all even try to use tax loopholes for estate taxes too. Just like the Fat Azz does. :lol: :lol:

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:

Now you are a smart man. A smart man would see ot was being a hypocrite. You did see that ot was being a hypocrite didn't you?

Of course you wouldn't want to ask your buddies though would you??

I have followed the law.. that law sometimes gives a few an advantage.. and should be changed..

Obama campaigned on the promise to close corporate tax loopholes..

something I agreed with in principle.. yet he handed out tax credits like candy on Halloween to his donors ...

Latest posts