• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Okay.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

What wind Hurricane Katrina lol. He's posed with not a hair out of place lol. Maybe it's just an illusion from the photoshopping but they don't look right to me.

I think the picture was snapped just as he stopped and the testicles were swinging forward.

You know there is someone in front of him just out of the picture, waving their cap to get him to raise his head and stop.

to much Hoff breeding for me. i have seen Hoff's cows and they were BIG. :shock: good, but BIG. if a person is not keeping any replacements, i think he would work. i've seen this bulls grandsire and mgs, and they were PIGS. IMO :D

Was at the Hoff Dispersal and came home with 3 females. 2 were sired like Salt Creek Bob, and yes they are very big. His grandsire, Limited Edition, came off the trailer weighing close to 3,000 lbs having just gotten done covering 45 cows. I have never seen a bull tear up bales of straw so quickly and with so much force as he did.

katrina said:
http://www.cattlevisions.com/Angus/Salt%20Creek%20Bob.php

:D

I would ask for a copy of his last BSE. Just because there is semen for sale I wouldn't make any assumptions about his fresh semen quality. Then you will know if his abnormal scrotum set is of concern.

katrina said:
Ring, ring, ring,

Helllo?

Yes ricky this is katrina and I want to ask you some questions about your bull's balls on Bob?? :twisted: :twisted: :p :roll: :D :D :D

The reality of that kind of reaction from a person or an organization that represents and sells semen from bulls and yet is reluctant to share information about the quality of semen his bull is producing is sad indeed.

Asking about the quality of a product as a customer, how ludicrous, the nerve of some people. Can you imagine wanting to know the germination count on pedigreed seed. :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :!:

I need a shaking head side to side emoticon.

If a bull's semen is not adequate for conception, it gets dumped.

If it is, it's frozen.

Mike said:

If it is, it's frozen.

if you had one, you would have worn it out by now.

Mike said:

If it is, it's frozen.

Mike I used to think the same thing, makes sense. But reality doesn't always make sense. When piles of cash have already been spent on a bull that subsequently proves substandard for live semen quality, it wouldn't matter if it was a two headed goat, they will try and get semen that will pass post thaw morphology. I have seen bulls go to stud and spend over a year there before semen quality is achieved that is salable. I wish I was making this up. There is a big difference between passable semen quality and excellent semen quality. There are instances where bulls are of good semen quality live, but when they freeze, then thaw the semen, quality suffers to the point of being no good. Then there are numerous instances where a bulls semen quality live is just barely passable but they can freeze the semen and get a passable post thaw morphology and sell loads of the semen.

Then there are the cases where a bull doesn't pass a BSE because of an injury on one testicle or missing an epidermal tail missing on one testicle,
but they can still try and freeze semen, and sometimes they successfully freeze semen and sale the heck out of it.

We have bred up to 400 head a year artificially and it's interesting the difference in conception between sires.

If you knew the marginal nature of the fertility of some bulls that are drawn and sold you would be doing more than shaking your head.

That being said, CSS certified semen IMO is your best bet, in the absence of any other supporting info.

But none of this addresses the point of the unexplainable reluctance of studs to share live and post thaw semen quality data.

Mike if you raise a bull and sell it, or buy a bull, do you give out or get a semen evaluation before delivery of the bull? If you do the next question for me is why is that any different when you want to use semen on a bull. Isn't the semen quality info just as relevant?

When that info is not made public one is only left to assume that the info must not be very flattering.

Dylan Biggs said:
Katrina did you get an answer?

I was just teasing.... I wouldn't be brave enough to call..... Yeah I know.... That's what no sleep and lots of caffine does..... :oops: :oops:

I double dog dare you to call....... :twisted: :twisted:

katrina said:
Dylan Biggs said:
Katrina did you get an answer?

I was just teasing.... I wouldn't be brave enough to call..... Yeah I know.... That's what no sleep and lots of caffine does..... :oops: :oops:

I double dog dare you to call....... :twisted: :twisted:

Whoa! A double dog dare! I will see what I can do.
:wink:

Latest posts