• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need Some Prayers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Econ101

Reaction score
A young girl(out of high school) who teaches horseback riding had her horse over at our farm. She was riding her young stud and it bucked her off earlier today. She must have hit pretty hard as she was unconscious on the ground. She was life lighted off to the hospital. The 911 system worked great and the medical people were there in 15 minutes (good for the country).

Please keep her in your prayers. It could happen to anyone with horses so be careful yourselves.

I'll be thinking of her. Keep us posted on her condition.
Things can happen so fast with any animal.

Its been quite windy here for a couple of days and my horses are all running around bucking and kicking like idiots. I keep a pretty close eye when I'm in feeding them, all it takes is one stray kick, or one bites another and I could easily get that run down feeling. :shock:

I'll keep her in my thoughts...

It is spring, cause my horses are all goosey and feeling like colts too...even though they're all older...

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate accident that happened to that young lady. We will keep her in our prayers and trust that she heals quickly with no ill effects.

Will keep her in our prayers as well.

Feedin em in a bunch always worries me too. I pay special attention when Lil Lilly is feedin at her job. 12 - 14 horses out there. They can get pushy at feedin time that's for sure.

We got a call from Ashley's mom today. They took her off the breathing machine and it seems all will be well with possible little fractures they haven't found yet. She was unconscious when she was on the helicopter ride and they kept her under heavy sedation at first so we really didn't know what was going on. She checked out okay as far as spinal and permenant head injuries.

Our prayers were answered. Thanks everyone.

Having just read this I'm sure happy it turned out well,head injurys are such a grey area.Must have been scary for you Econ,because I understand it was on your homeplace.A prayer sent to you all involved :)

Glad all is well. Now get the nuts cut out of that horse before he does something worse.

Cal said:
Glad all is well. Now get the nuts cut out of that horse before he does something worse.

You have a real good point there, Cal. The horse was her horse, we just agreed to keep it over the winter for her. She gave lessons to my girls and has given lessons on horseback riding, for walking horses, english and western style. She just needed a place to keep her horse for a while. She was a student in my wife's math class and an outstanding student at that. It was hard to say "no" to her when she asked us to keep it for her.

All our horses are either geldings or mares. We have young kids and really needed well behaved horses. Ours are very well mannered and our kids (under 13) have had no problem riding them bareback. They have never kicked at them and your point was a real consideration for us with our own horses.

I don't know what she is going to do with her horse as far as getting it cut. I bet this might have an impact on her decision. I had a school classmate in high school who was killed after falling off her horse during a competition. The risks are there, but there are a lot of risks in life we just can't control completely. Horses are one of them.

Latest posts