• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Leachman And Waldorf Pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

highlonesome said:
pups and bucks said:
NR....guess I'm a little outta the loop.........but.......what's with the flea collars on some of them?

Thought I would answer, since no one else had. The blue "collars" are merely markers of what horse each is.....kinda like an ear tag. I always said if you have to use them you know you have too many horses!! :lol:

thanks high.........that cleared that up

I should be able to get papers on all but two appy mares and one with a blotched id brand. They had signed transfers for all the mature horses in the sale-I actually have registration papers on some of them. The day after the sale-Jim Smith and I were doing yard count and a fellow came up and asked if he could buy one of the mares. Jim had stole her and he missed buying her back in the confusion-I switched her to his invoice. He hooked me up with Jim Leachman's former office manager so he spent an hour going through the paperwork with me-so I got lucky there. The young studs and fillies I bought for Ty and the girls are grades-it sounds like three of the young studs are sold as soon as they come north. One mare foaled at Plentywood so have to see about getting the youngin' up north-nice palimino foal I guess. The Suffolk Punches are going to be used to raise foals and feed cows-we should be able to get a couple young teams a winter going-about 1,000 head will be kicking around-the mature cows will bale graze but alot of yard chores to keep the young horses occupied.

NR
Will you be breeding outside mares to the Wiskey stud.If so how much?
Would you even consider selling him? Think u might be able to mark em up
enuff to pay for u,r trip down there .He is a special horse.
Went thru a 2005 hairpin cavy catalog. Love or hate him Leachman was a hell of a
stockman.Did some amazing things on the cattle end to.knows how to stack and
manipulate bloodlines. Plus Master Salesman.maybe a bit humbely handicaped

I doubt Darwyn would sell him for awhile yet-it was such a bit of good luck to be able to get him that we'll use him at the Waldorf for the time being. We'll ride him a bit till breeding time then let him and his band just spend some time out in the hills being horses. He's just going to run with the Waldorf mares this year but we might send him to a stallion station to ship semen on him next year till we need him back for the pasture. I could of sold him many times over already-were crossing the horses Thursday so if anybody wants to stop by and have a look let me know-the Waldorf isn't too far off the highway.

He looks like one of these two, but I can't decide.

wilfred-brimley.jpg
jackass.jpg

Man, I apologize NR. I thought you were runnin' with OldTimer. I'd like to apologize to your friend and to the jackass I pictured as well.

Humphh.................Outed by Northern Rancher. Pretty hard to be the phantom when you start my Wilfred disguise to everyone.

katrina said:
Wow....Love the hairpin stud!!!
The last picture is kinda xrated ain't it?? Nr... You crack me up :D :D :D

roflmao...missed it completely until you mentioned it Katrina. Looks like some "horse play" going on...serious business really. :roll:

phantom said:
Humphh.................Outed by Northern Rancher. Pretty hard to be the phantom when you start my Wilfred disguise to everyone.

What the Hell---recite something! Or tell a story~~?

Say, do you know the difference between a 'cowboy story' and a 'fairy tale'?

Well, for those that don't....

A fairy tale starts out like this:

"Once upon a time....."

A cowboy story starts out like this:

"Now, this here ain't no bullshit......."

Latest posts