• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

John Boehner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
Beohner announced today that he was resigning and leaving the House. Though not my favorite, it will split
the party and, most likely hand the government to the democrats next year. I guess the Tea Party will get changes, but not what they want.

CP

I've been sick of all the Budget Reconciliations & Debt Limit increases for a while. It's like handing Buckwheat a new credit card with no limit.

The party has been split since 2010 anyway. With the Old School "Establishment" RINO's on one side and the Tea Party on the other.

Now if we could just get Mc Connell out of the Senate.

Time for old weepy to go. I'm sure this will get him another kiss from Pelosi.

I for one am tickled to see Johnny GTF out of DC. The one downside is, since he is resigning, his staff of 100+ staffers/employees are out of a job, too.....with ZERO severance pay.

Staff of defeated in an election congressman get 3 months severance pay. Staff for those who resign or retire get nothing but their last regular paycheck. Kinda sucks for Johnny's people.

I'm not that concerned some displaced DC staffers will go hungry. They have plenty of influence to peddle.

I hope a genuine leader emerges to consolidate against the communists - shouldn't be that hard. Remember how the statists are using the bureaucracy from the IRS to blm to EPA... to oppress and tyranize dissent.

A very few might have something to peddle, Brad...but most will be SOL. I never thought about repercussions like this until my daughter was telling me about it tonight. Contrary to what most believe, working on the Hill for a senator/congressman isn't a great financial windfall, especially with what it costs to live in DC. The rent my daughter pays for ONE ROOM would make a real nice sized house payment back here.

I personally think EVERYONE in D.C. should be run out of town every 6 years. Yes, even the minions. 6 years is long enough to learn a lot of bad habits...................

Most offices on the Hill lose a staffer at the rate of 1 to 2 a month...through retirement (seldom), marriage, pregnancy, returning to school/home state, or accepting a different position. Quite a revolving door. The bad habits are with the elected officials, not the minions. They just do what they are told.

Latest posts