• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I Guess This Means we're Calving

Help Support Ranchers.net:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, the cows really aren't due to start til March 5. But, we have about 20 we're watching already. Have had 5 or 6 in the barn the last few nights and up checking on them at 3 am. -25 + windchills = watching cows already. Our normals are usually close to 15 degrees (Celsius) warmer than that!

Last night we had 5 in the barn, 2 in their own stalls cause they looked suspicious and the others just in the loafing area. DH went out at 5:30 and found this.... Well, they didn't come out with the toques on, he supplied those. Too bad though, they are a heifer and a bull....
DSC06768.jpg

DSC06766.jpg

DSC06767.jpg

I wasn't really thinking she'd have twins, although I knew she'd be early. She was early last year too, but just had a single. So, right now we have 3 cows calved and 4 calves.

Well, they're lucky twins to be in such a nice barn :D. I just had a set of twins today too. Good luck calving, and I hope your weather improves soon.

Thanks, WR, the weather should improve starting tomorrow. At least according to the forecast.

Hereford76, yeah, they are fairly good sized, probably 75 lbs or so, we haven't weighed them yet. They are Hereford sired.

Latest posts