• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Houston Livestock show

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yes it's very much worth the trip. But go online to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and find the schedule. They don't have everything there through out the whole show. They schedule different breeds of cattle for different days, as well as all sorta other things. So if there is something particular that you want to see, go on that day.

Well i was sitting here looking at heading down there but i wanted to see what everyone thought of it first. I was looking at going down on the thursday before the last weeekend but they have put out the schedule for the livestock and horse showings... so i'm not sure??

One_Tuff_Ride,

A trip to Houston to the livestock show will be one more than worth your time. We have been going for several years first with kids showing steers and pigs and then recently as a contractor to the show helping with their Jr. Commercial Steer Contest.

For our money, this is the best contest at the show. Over 300 head of steers fed by kids across the state, to represent a commercial cattle feeding venture. It is interesting to see the different kinds of cattle fed in the state and how they turn out. That contest will be March 10, 11 & 12th.

I can give you more particulars if you need the help. Just let me know

GLA

Latest posts