• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Going to look at a stud colt

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Good luck!
Price seems okay. Haircoat sure is rough, but some good feed could change that.
What does it cost to castrate a colt these days?
I like his hip that I see in the picture, but why would they show a photo with his ears the way they are?
It doesn't come across as a pleasant attitude. IMO. That was my first impression. Maybe he's just keeping an eye on the photographer.

Wonder what color he is? It's hard to tell. He might turn out to be a beautiful and different color.
Keep us posted 'H.

he is selling as grade but out of register stock. So what does the breeding looking on his parents. My luck he would be Music Mount multiple times, real close, and on both sides.

he is selling as grade but out of register stock. So what does the breeding looking on his parents. My luck he would be Music Mount multiple times, real close, and on both sides.
For those that know, Know what you mean. those that don't it doesn't matter.
We had a couple of those, one was named Easy Music, nothing easy about her.
I think the other was named Lively Music. She wasn't any better,
Tammy and I were headed to Medora taking some back roads, we came over a hill and there was a church and some mail boxes and a sign Trotters. Took me a minute but I remembered that was where Vernon Goldsberry was from. That's where they all came from. Guess he was a hard man on and with horses. No whispering if you know what I mean.

For those that know, Know what you mean. those that don't it doesn't matter.
We had a couple of those, one was named Easy Music, nothing easy about her.
I think the other was named Lively Music. She wasn't any better,
Tammy and I were headed to Medora taking some back roads, we came over a hill and there was a church and some mail boxes and a sign Trotters. Took me a minute but I remembered that was where Vernon Goldsberry was from. That's where they all came from. Guess he was a hard man on and with horses. No whispering if you know what I mean.
Gosh, too many years ago I had a Music Mount gelding. He was a good horse if you rode him every day. Give him a day off and he would buck your butt off. I knew an old rodeo stock contractor who had a lot of Music Mount horses in his string.

Music Mount and Hancock horses had reputations. Broncy and not real smart.
Hancock horses were tough and if you got by one, you were horseback.

Friend bought a Hancock Driftwood cross gelding and wanted to know if we knew anything about them. We said we knew someone who would know. So we called our friend who had ridden quite a few of both. He said "if he isn't good, he could be lethal."
I think the guy who wanted us to find out only kept the horse a week.

I said something about Hancock horses to my neighbor Levi. He started pointing out a lot of his horses are Hancock and great horses.

I said something about Hancock horses to my neighbor Levi. He started pointing out a lot of his horses are Hancock and great horses.
Hancock is far enough back in the pedigrees now. There was Joe Hancock and Tom Hancock years ago.

One of our favorite horses was a Moon Hancock. Gee, I loved that horse. He was so easy to ride and cowy. Better than I deserved for sure. He was big, 15-2, 1350 pounds. He bucked our daughter off once, but he always took care of me.

Last edited:

Latest posts