• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another song I kind of liked from the old days

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q&feature=related

I first heard this song on November 1, 1971, on the way back to Nebraska after working on Frome's hunting camps in the Teton Wilderness Area in Wyoming that fall. I had spent the night in the home of Eddie Lessoon and his wife in Star Valley. This was the first night not spent in a bed roll in a tent since August 23rd of that year. As I drove my pickup down Main Street of Kemmerer before daylight that morning, the thermometer on the bank read 14 below zero. I had breakfast at Little America, and was driving down the Interstate when this Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves song of Cher's came on the radio. I had a hunch it would be a hit. :wink:

I remember seein that on TV......when it aired......mama didn't let us watch Sonny and Cher....but ever now n then...ya know with only 3 channels to choose from. It ended up on their show. Not for long tho.....lol

Surely that was a wig....who'd do that intentionally to their hair? haha

That song actually runs through my head quite often, can't say when I first heard it but it would have been about the time it came out. Dad used to laugh out loud a some of Cher's get-ups. :D

Latest posts