• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Aluminum Trailers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

enge0376

Reaction score
Looking for a new aluminum stock trailer, probably a 7 by 24 ft. Any advice on brands? I have looked at quite a few different ones and I'm trying to stay away from the real spendy ones like the sundowner, exiss and those ones. The duralites built in SD look to be pretty good for the money, and have looked at possibly a travalong. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you are in ND- heres a place you might want to check out....We just bought a new steel Titan 24 footer there- and they were sure nice to deal with...I know they handle Featherlite Aluminums- and not sure of what else...Must have 40-50 trailers on the lot- both new and used...
Before we decided on this new one- we looked at a used 2004 featherlite aluminum 20 footer with two compartments and a slider gate on the center gate they had....It was in excellent condition and they wanted $10,500 for it...It didn't stay on the lot long.... But we decided we wanted the 3 compartments of the 24 footer....

http://www.btandf.com/index.htm

We have bought 2 aluminum trailers from Boespflug Trailers in Dickinson and I can second OT. They are very nice to deal with.

We bought a used Wilson from them, it pulled nice, but we did have some problems with it. When we took it back to be repaired (brakes and the rubber bumper) they loaned us a Featherlite to used while they were working on the Wilson. We liked the Featherlite, and because of hauling mineral in it (using a ramp and cart) the floor was much nicer for using the cart, that we traded for the Featherlite. The Wilson had some raises in the floor that made it much harder to negotiate the cart over. The Featherlite has given us some problems with the rear door, but I think that is fixed now in the new ones. We had the rear door changed to a roll up door, like on the Wilsons and that works super. Boesfplug did the door change too.

I am on my second Wilson, after several others, and wouldn't switch brands, come love or money. Had one F-lite, don't get me started on a bad dream. My change to Wilson was after much looking. Sure they are a few $$ more, but at least you can jump on the fender wells, without the feeling of being on a trampouline. F-lite and Sooner will flex way too much for me so the rest of the trailer is made the same way. Get both of mine from Carl's Trailer Sales in Belle Fourche. My next chioce would be a Barrett, but again the $$ ratchet up. I too agree that Boesflug in Dickinson is a good dealer. Don't be afraid to spend a few $$ more, cause you won't wear out an aluminum trailer, under normal use.

We have a 17 year old Barrett (man, time flies!) that we like real well. It pulls real well, and is built well. I had some minor welding done on it last fall. I go over it carefully at least once a year. The welder says that the older trailers, no matter which brand, were built better with better, heavier duty materials. I don't know if this is truly the case, but I'll keep this one! I bought it at a discount because it had the split rear doors. I wasn't at all sure about them, but if I were to order a new trailer, I would get it the same way. There is certainly less stress on the rear of the trailer plus I have never had trouble finding a way to load.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Might have to head out west one day and check out Dickinson. There are a few places on the way out there too to check out. I'll have to figure out for sure how much money I have to play with and go from there. The featherlites seem pretty good, just heard of someone who had trouble with cattle slipping all the time on the floors, maybe that problem is fixed though.

enge0376 said:
Thanks for all the replies everyone! Might have to head out west one day and check out Dickinson. There are a few places on the way out there too to check out. I'll have to figure out for sure how much money I have to play with and go from there. The featherlites seem pretty good, just heard of someone who had trouble with cattle slipping all the time on the floors, maybe that problem is fixed though.

There is a place in Jamestown that a couple of folks I know have bought from.....Fella I know that hauls roping steers and bulls around told me that he just ordered a new 38 footer aluminum from them--but I don't know the name......

Oldtimer said:
enge0376 said:

There is a place in Jamestown that a couple of folks I know have bought from.....Fella I know that hauls roping steers and bulls around told me that he just ordered a new 38 footer aluminum from them--but I don't know the name......

Uncle Bob's RV and Trailer sales.

Well i got one. Used 2001 Sooner, 24 foot, 2 center gates, basically like new. Bought it from a colony in SD. They have hardly used it and taken real good care of it, its even been kept inside most of the time from what i was told. Looked like a deal to me for only $12,500 when a new one would have cost 15 or 16, and this one is as close to new as they come. Done trailer shopping!

Latest posts