• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2011 Pasture Rental Fees

Help Support Ranchers.net:

timbergal

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the range of pasture rental rates for cow/calf pairs per month being charged for 2011 in Western South Dakota this spring?

Timbergal

Justin said:
i'm payin $23/pair/mo. on one place and $20/pair/mo. on another

You are gettin a heck of a deal. I'm not in South Dakota, off by 14 miles on the north place, but we are getting $1.08/pair/day. I provide grass, water, fences and 2 checks /week. I do all the rotational grazing.

I am paying $1.10 per pair per day if our steer calves bring $700 or more this fall. If they bring less than $700 per head, the pasture price is $1.05 per pair per day. The owner goes around all his fence each spring and makes sure the windmills and tanks are working. I check the cattle during the summer and furnish the salt and mineral.

I got some for $30 month and rent a place as a whole for $15 per acre. At 2 acres per month they are about the same. :)

My rangeland costs $2.15 per pair per month. It comes equipped with water, grass, grizzlies, wolves and beaurocrats, not sure if my pasture is cheaper or not.

gcreekrch said:
My rangeland costs $2.15 per pair per month. It comes equipped with water, grass, grizzlies, wolves and beaurocrats, not sure if my pasture is cheaper or not.
I'd take some of that if it were closer and didn't have the list of amenities. 8)

one pasture I rent went from $30 an acre to $45 per acre. this is poor grass, been over grazed for 50 years, and I have been half stocking it and rotating it to get the grass back in shape the past 4 years...
Owner said the banker told him that he had guys lined up who would pay $60 per acre for the grass.....

the owner and I are in negotiations now to break out the grass and farm it. I hate to tear up native grass, but he is forcing my hand. broke ground at $75 and acre returns a profit...poor grass at $45 does not.

I pay $40 per head per month for my horses here in western SD :roll: ......anyone want some horses??!! LOL
Hope to have a nice looking, well bred stud colt to stand in a year or so though :wink:

DSC00662.jpg

Pertnear said:
Jigs you a farmer?

I've been biteing my tounge since you started on this farmer/rancher quest. I can tell your an A$$HOLE thats for sure.

Ours are $15 $16 $18 and $19 per pair per month some I fix fence some I don't but on any of them if I see some fence needing fixing I fix fence.

Some days I'm a farmer some I'm a welder some a rancher some a logger some a truck driver. I where many hats to provide for my family and I am not ashamed of any of them.

Pertnear said:
Jigs you a farmer?

I am. and don't b*tch about a farmer with your mouth full.

you have proven yourself to be a douchebag. congratulations

Denny said:
Pertnear said:
Jigs you a farmer?

I've been biteing my tounge since you started on this farmer/rancher quest. I can tell your an not niceHOLE thats for sure.

I got me a raght strong background as a mutton conductor, but also got a hankerin' fer some hawgs. Hit a lick on either one an' I'm gonna buy me one of them big hats.

I have a simple idea. Everytime pertnear says anything just ignore him. Pretend he doesn't exist and like a rash maybe it will go away in a few days.

Howdy1 wrote:
I have a simple idea. Everytime pertnear says anything just ignore him. Pretend he doesn't exist and like a rash maybe it will go away in a few days.

Can we smear some Bag Balm on him?

You can but I think I would wear some rubber gloves if I were you! :wink:

I am old but I doubt if the bag balm is a good idea .you might be the one with with sores so use it?

Latest posts