• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Shalom !

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
hello friends, long time, no see....

I popped in to share with you a wonderful event in my life. I just returned home from a 10 day trip to Israel ! It was sponsored by the Knights Templar, so it was a free trip !
I was so lucky to see the things that I did. Sea of Galilee, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Masada, the Dead Sea ( with the European gals that think topless is ok)
We followed the path of Christ as He walked from the dungeon to be tried, and to Calvary.

The entire time was a breath taking experience, and also a sad disheartening time too.... so many places where Christ was known to be, they have built churches and shrines to Him. Something that He specifically said not to do. It is the golden calf all over again.
If I tried hard, I could erase man's thumb print and picture it all as it was 2000 years ago.

I hope to get my pictures put up on my facebook page soon, you can come take a look at them there. Hope everything is going well for you all. Life is a lot more simple with out the farm to occupy my time, I am now preaching at a small country church in rural Kansas.... I do miss those baby calves right now, but did not miss chopping ice or feeding in the cold....

take care, and God Bless.

Good to hear from ya Jigs, sure quiet around here without you and Sandhusker "debating" football.

I'm sure if you really miss the cows someone could use help night calving for a bit.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Good to hear from ya Jigs, sure quiet around here without you and Sandhusker "debating" football.

I'm sure if you really miss the cows someone could use help night calving for a bit.
I don't think I miss it that much.....
I still get harassed by sand burr from time to time..... his wife is so pretty, I think she may be blind??? :lol:

jigs said:
hello friends, long time, no see....

I popped in to share with you a wonderful event in my life. I just returned home from a 10 day trip to Israel ! It was sponsored by the Knights Templar, so it was a free trip !
I was so lucky to see the things that I did. Sea of Galilee, Bethlehem, Jerusalem, Masada, the Dead Sea ( with the European gals that think topless is ok)
We followed the path of Christ as He walked from the dungeon to be tried, and to Calvary.

The entire time was a breath taking experience, and also a sad disheartening time too.... so many places where Christ was known to be, they have built churches and shrines to Him. Something that He specifically said not to do. It is the golden calf all over again.
If I tried hard, I could erase man's thumb print and picture it all as it was 2000 years ago.

I hope to get my pictures put up on my facebook page soon, you can come take a look at them there. Hope everything is going well for you all. Life is a lot more simple with out the farm to occupy my time, I am now preaching at a small country church in rural Kansas.... I do miss those baby calves right now, but did not miss chopping ice or feeding in the cold....

take care, and God Bless.
What is wrong with building a church?? A place of worship of the Christ?? These churches have kept Christianity alive in a world that hates Christians. Where did Christ say to not build churches?? But I know you're looking at it from a protestant point of view. Did they point out to you that the garden tomb you protestants worship is 800 years older than Christ and was used numerous times prior to the time of Christ yet Christ was buried in a tomb that had never been used.

Glad you got to go on the trip, just sorry you were offended by the places of worship of brothers and sisters in Christ in another country, some over 1600 years old.

Leviticus 26: 1
"'Do not make idols or set up an image or a sacred stone for yourselves, and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. I am the LORD your God.

the birth place of Christ is adorned with gold and silver, making it to appear as an alter or shrine. I believe that this is not what we are called to do.
There are two tombs in Jerusalem, and Mary was buried in 7 different locations, two versions of where He was crucified, and 3 religions that claim the Holy Land as their own.... bound to be some issues along the way.
My point is, the thumbprint of man really detracted from the mental picture I had. After two days of visiting ruins, to see the birth place adorned with such elaborate décor, it was a little unsettling.

I disagree with the idea of the Garden Tomb being "the place" however, I loved it for the "rustic, original" look that it had....

As for the protestant jab.... I am anti religion, and pro relationship with Christ. I don't think a denomination is what was intended when the disciples began to share the story of the resurrection. The Bible is what we should follow, and not a Pope, a Priest, a pastor or a deacon.....

nice to see it is the same old Ranchers.net where feathers get ruffled and people jump to conclusions.....

If it wasn't for the churches or shrines built over them these places would have been long ago lost.
Leviticus 26 does not say anything about building churches or shrines, but forbidding the building of idols and worshiping them. Jesus never had any problem with teaching in the temple or chasing money changers out of them.

By the way, it is altar, not alter.

jigs said:
As for the protestant jab.... I am anti religion, and pro relationship with Christ. I don't think a denomination is what was intended when the disciples began to share the story of the resurrection. The Bible is what we should follow, and not a Pope, a Priest, a pastor or a deacon.....

nice to see it is the same old Ranchers.net where feathers get ruffled and people jump to conclusions.....

St Paul said to listen to the Church, the pillar and foundation of truth. Christians did not even have a Canon of NT scripture for almost 400 years after its creation, thus they listened to the teaching of the church which had been taught by the apostles and their successors.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.

jigs, it's great that you had such a good time seeing where it all started, but am sorry you feel the need to put down teachings you seem not to understand, in that you say we "should not follow a pope, pastor, or deacon". Isn't there a difference between a leader of worship sessions, and blindly following that person who is reading the lessons from the bible?

Maybe some 'religions' have that practice, but there are many Christians who, while they may have a worship leader and teacher of the Bible, they definitely do not 'follow' the person who happens to be leading those lessons, but are 'following' the teachings of Jesus Christ to the best of our/their ability.

mrj

Latest posts