• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WARNING, GRAPHIC PICS!!! Ring finger injury pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancherfred

Reaction score
These are some pictures taken at the hospital when our friend went to get put back together. The first two pictures are of his finger before they got the ring cut off. The third picture is after they got the ring cut off and the final two pictures are of the healing wound.

New_Image_9.JPG

New_Image_5.JPG

New_Image_7.JPG

New_Image_2.JPG

New_Image.JPG

That right there would convince me not to wear a ring :shock: -- except for the fact I saw it 40 years ago in real life- so have never worn a ring since anyway...

We had a double ring ceremony but I haven't worn it since for that reason. That kind of injury is a little to common. This should be a warning to the ladies too, one of the case I personally know about was a ladies wedding ring that did more than that.

I don't wear a ring either. I remember a lady was tarping a truck at harvest and pulling on a tarp strap. It slipped and the hook caught her ting and did something similar.

As an Electrician I dont wear a ring either. Something about high voltage and exposed current carrying metal not being compatible. Or it may be that Mrs. H want gals to think I'm available so she can trade up! :shock: Ring or no ring, agriculture is hard on fingers and hands. Be careful out there!

My Dad told me when he was a kid (back in the 30's)he got a heavy duty Marine Corps ring in a box of Cracker Jacks. It was the kind of ring with the gap on the bottom side of the finger. He was running along the outside of the school house letting his ring bump over the board and batten siding when an un-seen protruding nail head caught the ring. He said he was running so fast that it jerked him horizontal and put a stop to his banging the side of the school and wearing that ring!

I guess I'm like my dad, I wear one. He eventually wore 3 of them out. One of them was worn so thin that you can almost cut with it.

It maybe nothing more than symbolic convention, but I wear mine unless I'm inside a cow or can't maneuver into a tight mechanical spot.

Simple solution-wear gloves.

Badlands

Badlands said:
I guess I'm like my dad, I wear one. He eventually wore 3 of them out. One of them was worn so thin that you can almost cut with it.

It maybe nothing more than symbolic convention, but I wear mine unless I'm inside a cow or can't maneuver into a tight mechanical spot.

Simple solution-wear gloves.

Badlands

I have sent sw's wedding ring to the jewelers several times. Mostly to fortify the band that was getting very, very thin...

I put a knot on the bone or tendon right under my wedding ring and it hurt to put any pressure on that spot for a long time so I wore my ring around my neck on a dogtag chain till it finally went away. My younger brother is a railroad engineer and they don't allow them to wear any kind of ring so he wears his on a piece of latigo around his neck.

I've seldom worn my wedding ring. My dad has told about losing his in a cow when trying to get chains hooked up to pull a calf. :eek:

Latest posts