• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grass/Forage Developed Bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PureCountry

Reaction score
Thought I'd post these. This big boy's been raised on nothing but grass and hay. Him and some of his brothers were our first grass-finishing project, and he turned out pretty darn good. He's out of a real good cow line, so I decided to keep him for a back-up. EDIT: Forgot to add that he's 1/2 Galloway. His dam is 3/4 AngusX 1/4 Tarentaise.

Deep and Soggy
138_3824.JPG

Givin' me the eye
138_3823.JPG

Trying to get back in the shade
138_3821.JPG

Grass is great for growing nuts. Good thing he's quiet.
138_3825.JPG

PureCountry said:
He's 25 months pretty much on the dot.

How many head has he bred this year and how many did he breed as a yearling?

Pure Country was kind enough to drop this fella off in my cows this afternoon-the pictures don't do him justice-he's very good on his feet and legs and thicker than he appears. Spent a few hours talking and looking at cows with Darcy while my daughter kept his two little cowboys entertained. He's got 200 cows to himself for a few days till we start A'I'ing so I'm sure he likes his new home. We went and looked at my neighbors cows and the Lad calves out of his heifers look pretty shiny.

Bill said:
PureCountry said:
He's 25 months pretty much on the dot.

How many head has he bred this year and how many did he breed as a yearling?

The only thing he'd bred until he got to Northern's place was the odd one-night stand with the milk cow. :p He's been with those Saskatchewan cows now for 24 hours, so he ought to have at least 30 or 40 bred by now, right NR? :lol: :lol: He was supposed to be a grass-finished carcass, but just turned out to be one heckuva bull, so I left the nuts in him when we banded all of our grassers this spring. I intended to use him on some commercial cows until Northern talked me into takin' a road trip to the Great White North, eh!?!

Our bull that runs with the milkcows is a pushy buggar. Won't let them go to the tank until he's ready. Herds them around. Except he doesn't have a one night stand milkcow he's got a harem of 5 :shock: .

Nice looking bull Pure! I bet he enjoys his foray at Northerns place!

CattleArmy said:
Our bull that runs with the milkcows is a pushy buggar. Won't let them go to the tank until he's ready. Herds them around. Except he doesn't have a one night stand milkcow he's got a harem of 5 :shock: .

Geez, whatcha doin'? Running a polygamist colony? :lol2: :wink::lol2: :wink::lol2: :wink:

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Latest posts