• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Sitz Angus

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Justin

Reaction score
well if you were lookin to buy some cheap bulls today, Harrison MT was NOT the place to be. looks like $3500-$4000 would have bought you a few of the "scrubs". :wink: comm. bred hfrs started out at $2250 :shock: with probably around a $1900 ave. from what i was able to watch, Superior went off air before they were done selling.

I watched part of it- but just after Jake quit selling and Joe took over- I fell asleep and missed the rest of the sale... :shock: :wink: :lol:

Thats what I get for going out and helping a neighbor haul his lighter weight cutback steer calves to the stockyards at the crack of dawn in a heavy freezing fog...
He didn't do too bad for "cutbacks"-- they weighed 592 and brought $123.50.... :D

Oldtimer said:
I watched part of it- but just after Jake quit selling and Joe took over- I fell asleep and missed the rest of the sale... :shock: :wink: :lol: Thats what I get for going out and helping a neighbor haul his lighter weight cutback steer calves to the stockyards at the crack of dawn in a heavy freezing fog...
He didn't do too bad for "cutbacks"-- they weighed 592 and brought $123.50.... :D

really?? i could sleep through Jake sellin, but not Joe. :)

Justin said:
well if you were lookin to buy some cheap bulls today, Harrison MT was NOT the place to be. looks like $3500-$4000 would have bought you a few of the "scrubs". :wink: comm. bred hfrs started out at $2250 :shock: with probably around a $1900 ave. from what i was able to watch, Superior went off air before they were done selling.

So I'm guessing you bought as many bred heifers as we did :D .

:agree:

Not denying anyone their success in the sales department. I think I could put together a deal that would provide a lot better return on investment. More power to 'em.

Northern Rancher said:
I'm sure open to the algebra that shows how $2200 commercial heifers are going to work!

if you took those same heifers, put someone elses name on them, run them through any sale barn in the country they'll probably bring $1200-$1400. the Sitz's have developed quite a reputation in the cattle world so i say more power to them. :tiphat: i'm bettin any of us would trade places with them, at least on sale day. :wink:

with that said, paying 2250 for comm. heifers doesn't make sense to me either. :)

I got an e-mail from an angus outfit the other day that said they had a bull customer in Nevada that was looking for 1500 bred cows- and wanted to know if anyone could help him...That customer was hoping to find a volume sale and get them for $1000 a piece..
My thoughts were that the way cows and heifers have been selling- unless the winter gets really tough- or the south droughts out bad- and hay awful short- its going to be tough to find much of a bred cow for $1000- unless they get a trader put together bunch of short termers....

The sad part is as more and more ranchers "retire" and get bought out by investors, I can't see the price of good seedstock doing anything but surging upward. I guess that is only sad if you are looking to buy a bull without breaking the budget. I imagine it's great news to the folks who raise them.

Oldtimer said:
I got an e-mail from an angus outfit the other day that said they had a bull customer in Nevada that was looking for 1500 bred cows- and wanted to know if anyone could help him...That customer was hoping to find a volume sale and get them for $1000 a piece..
My thoughts were that the way cows and heifers have been selling- unless the winter gets really tough- or the south droughts out bad- and hay awful short- its going to be tough to find much of a bred cow for $1000- unless they get a trader put together bunch of short termers....

i agree with you. he may be able to throw a few heifers together at $1000, but at the sales lately, even that would be tough. like you said, for $1000/hd. his best bet is short termers. might as well bump up the spending money to $1200-1300/hd and buy fewer cows. IMO

Latest posts