• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

For the women who garden

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
I was thinking of you when we stopped in Charleston, South Carolina to wander around that town and see what we could see in a short time. I know most of you have hundreds of acres for growing / grazing but thought you might be interested to see what these folks do with their tiny gardens and alleyways. It was early Feb. but they still had some things blooming.[/img]
pottedflowersFeb.jpg
pinkalley.jpg
[/img]
lightalley.jpg
[/img]
doggate.jpg
[/img]
curvedbench.jpg
[/img]
anneatarchgarden.jpg
[/img]
sideyd.jpg
[/img]
roundboxwd2.jpg
[/img]
roundboxwd.jpg
[/img]

Makes me homesick for late spring.

We've got seeds started, getting ready to put them in the greenhouse, gives us hope spring will soon be here cuz it sure isn't here now :(

That doggie looked scarey :shock:

ksvdberg said:
I think I always have spring fever! very nice pictures.

That dog sure is creepy looking. Must be related to cujo :shock:

You know, now that I think about it, that must have been what he was barking at us. Sounded like, " you - know , cu - jo ?"

That is so pretty to look at...great pictures...but I'm impressed with myself if the wild weeds grow! There's no way my yard would look like that, either to hot or to cold and always to windy... to grow anything that resembles a flower..lol

Jassy said:
That is so pretty to look at...great pictures...but I'm impressed with myself if the wild weeds grow! There's no way my yard would look like that, either to hot or to cold and always to windy... to grow anything that resembles a flower..lol
On the other hand you can grow the prairie flowers and those flowered tough shrubby plants that can survive in shifting sands which we can't due to the humidity and wetness. It is interesting how each region has its own plants that lend a special flavor of their own.

Wow...... Green and flowers.......It is cold, cloudy and snow on the ground. Spring seems so far away....... I love those curvy hedges... Wish I could do that to my hedges into town.. Mine are huge over-grown things.

katrina said:
Wow...... Green and flowers.......It is cold, cloudy and snow on the ground. Spring seems so far away....... I love those curvy hedges... Wish I could do that to my hedges into town.. Mine are huge over-grown things.
and you have a town home??? my my my, you wealthy Nebraska farmers just have it all !!!

is that how you made it 20 years, Roscoe has a place to get away and relax?? :p

I liked that back yard too.
my one wish is the home makeover crew would show up and redo our whole backyard into a flower garden / relaxation area for my wife.it would be the ultimate gift for her.

Jigs, Sweetie did you read the topic?? For the woman who garden.... You need a break from that house work you were doing while your wife was down.... I think you're coming down with something... Are your breast swelling?:twisted: :twisted:

katrina said:
Jigs, Sweetie did you read the topic?? For the woman who garden.... You need a break from that house work you were doing while your wife was down.... I think you're coming down with something... Are your breast swelling?:twisted: :twisted:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
you have SUCH a way with words, Katrina hahahahahhahaha

where do I get those cute little tassels for my lump, my lumps, my lovely lady lumps?
(you know that song?)

katrina said:
I like teasing jigs, I know he will have a good comback for me.... nr do you have a garden? When do ou plant? And what?

Yes, I've posted some pictures of the back yard which I've been working on piece by piece (and moving shrubs around constantly). There are pictures on Ranchers somewhere...not sure how to find them in the archives I should be planting up seeds by March indoors. Just sent in a seed order, mainly the usual vegies nothing fancy this yr. Except am going to try growing those huge gourds that Indians used to store things in, up to 21 inches, and see if the grandkids would like to decorate them.

Judith said:
The robot dog.....he scares me...... :shock:
Actually he barked but not viciously. Looked like a nice doggie except my camera flashed.

Red Robin said:
Jigs , I must be in touch with my feminine side as well. I subsoiled the garden spot today.
What are you planting in the subsoiled area? Do you see a big difference in production after the subsoiling?

nr said:
Red Robin said:
Jigs , I must be in touch with my feminine side as well. I subsoiled the garden spot today.
What are you planting in the subsoiled area? Do you see a big difference in production after the subsoiling?
NR this is a new garden spot. My father in law makes a big garden every year so I haven't put on out in 10 years or so. My girls wanted a garden so I thought it wouldn't hurt to subsoil it. I don't know if it helps or not. I'll let you know what I think after this year.

Latest posts