• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What animal care products or gizmos.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whitewing

Reaction score
.....would you not be without at your ranch? I'm going to soon make a run to the States and I'd like to stock up. :D

Electric stock prod and bow and arrow syringe. :wink:

Do you castrate your bulls? A Wadsworth Bander.

A couple of good automatic syringes? A couple boxes of Monoject needles?

Big Muddy rancher said:

Do you castrate your bulls? A Wadsworth Bander.

A couple of good automatic syringes? A couple boxes of Monoject needles?

Auto syringes? The boys asked if there was a syringe I could buy that would automatically deliver X number of CC's of whatever. Sounds like exactly what you're describing.

Got a decent link? I can't open google for some odd reason right now. :x

Found this stuff for Holly. She has no scar, hair has grown back, and you cant even tell she had been gored.

Vetericyn Wound and infection treatment. Its a bit pricey but as soon as I got to half a bottle I went and bought another. I will never be without atleast half a bottle. It is for horses, cows, dogs, cats, goats, ect.
It kills bacteria, fungi, E coli, salmonella, staph, strep, pasterella, and a couple others. It is not painful when applied. Is not harmful if licked.

Yeah I know I sound like an advertisement but thats how well it worked for Holly. Everyone who saw her wounds said she is going to scar bad.

MsSage said:
Found this stuff for Holly. She has no scar, hair has grown back, and you cant even tell she had been gored.

Vetericyn Wound and infection treatment. Its a bit pricey but as soon as I got to half a bottle I went and bought another. I will never be without atleast half a bottle. It is for horses, cows, dogs, cats, goats, ect.
It kills bacteria, fungi, E coli, salmonella, staph, strep, pasterella, and a couple others. It is not painful when applied. Is not harmful if licked.

Yeah I know I sound like an advertisement but thats how well it worked for Holly. Everyone who saw her wounds said she is going to scar bad.

Thanks MsSage. It's now on the list. :D

Ditto on syringe gun.... Our dart gun has saved us tons of time..... Meaning mom doesn't have to get the guys to help doctor... My gator I love it.... Wire stretchers, post pounder..... Don't leave home without it and fencing pliers... Small sprayer with a hand wand that fits in the back of our gator....

Here is a link for a couple of brands.
http://www.syrvet.com/products/index.cfm/syringes?show=category&productCategoryID=135&productCategoryIDs=29,135

We use Allflex syringes now but have used Roux in the past.

I like the Monoject needles in 16 and 18 guage . They seem to be sharper the the Ildeal brand of stainless steel ones.

Bottle of Micotil and B12 for doctoring calves, I have heard that vetericyn has a pinkeye spray out, has anyone tried it?

I really like the Hayes chain model fence stretcher. It works on High tensile wire better then the Golden Rod type and it works as good (Maybe better) on Barbed wire.
Do you have some fencing pliers/ Plammers?

Diamond or Moore Maker.

Take a look at Socorex Syringe. These are precision made, self refilling Syringes that will outlast dozens of the cheaper models. The quality is there. See them at www.stonemfg.net > enter > our brands > socorex syringes. They have an exceptionally smooth operation.

One of Soapweeds hay string cutters. But I don't think you can get them anymore. I had to order mine from Nebraska. But wouldn't trade it for anything. Works great.
Now...he'll hafta come on and tell you what it's called. Because I can't remember for the life of me.

You might be able to make one tho. it's not that complicated.

Here's a picture he posted of his.....
Twinecutterthatworkswell.jpg

Big Muddy rancher said:
I bought one of those MediDart bow and arrow syringes about two years ago. I used it for the first time on Friday, pretty slick!

Local anesthetic, like Lidocaine, Duracaine, or some such. Pretty handy and hard to find in these parts. Good scalpels are good for lots of chores too.
gcreeks recent neighbourly activities have got me to thinking :D

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
One of Soapweeds hay string cutters. But I don't think you can get them anymore. I had to order mine from Nebraska. But wouldn't trade it for anything. Works great.
Now...he'll hafta come on and tell you what it's called. Because I can't remember for the life of me.

You might be able to make one tho. it's not that complicated.

Here's a picture he posted of his.....
Twinecutterthatworkswell.jpg

The are pretty handy gadgets, and we haven't lost any since we started painting the handles pink. :wink:

I'd hate to try to get through a calving season without O-No-Mo, an esophageal feeder, and powdered colostrum. A Hook Doctor (made by the Ritchey ear tag company) is handy to have for mouthing cows.

Something you probably already have-- but to me is one of the greatest things of the last few years is the little 2-3 battery LED flashlights...
I remember years ago- if you wanted any light you packed a huge battery under one arm- and a big old light in the other hand-- and now you can check calving cows at night driving around with a remote operated spotlight on the pickup- and when you get out to check closer- or when on foot or horseback pack a little flashlight that you can hold in your mouth while getting the same light....
The LED "miners type" cap/head band lights also work good for pulling calves in the middle of the night out on the prairie too- and keeping hands free...

Latest posts