• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Board Upgrade

Help Support Ranchers.net:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
As you can tell I'm updating the software for the first time in several years. Slowly working out the bugs. If you spot one let me know in this topic. Thanks! :D

Thanks for the forum and the work you do. Is there any way to add a "thanks", "like" or "recommend" type icon to the posts that can be clicked on? Just an easy way to do an attaboy/attagirl without posting.

I think it's a real shot in the arm to my favorite off road, etc... forum.

Traveler said:
Thanks for the forum and the work you do. Is there any way to add a "thanks", "like" or "recommend" type icon to the posts that can be clicked on? Just an easy way to do an attaboy/attagirl without posting.

I think it's a real shot in the arm to my favorite off road, etc... forum.

That's coming. :D

Being one of the 'elder' members here, and not very adventurous in finding things to 'share', I get along ok. May use the 'thumbs up' sometime. Mostly rely on a grandkid, or great-grand (eldest of the latter is 6!) when I need help.

mrj

Ya know age catches up with all of us, :nod: :nod: :lol2: :cowboy:

It might be smaller but up in the right hand corner of your tool bar should be 3 little dots, click on them and it should show where to zoom in a bit to make it bigger. :D

ps to my previous post: by 'elder', member here, I mean both my actual age, and time since I began posting here. I do know that I will be 79 late in July, and don't recall when I began reading and posting here, but it's been a while!!!!

Yes, I believe it gets a little boring at times, no I don't miss some of the contentious and mean times of the past!, and it is more fun to read interesting stories of some of the 'characters' people occasionally find to tell us about.

Having spent a couple of days in Rapid City, and getting home this evening, every time we had the radio on while driving we heard warnings of the storm we are about to get, with maybe a foot or more of snow in west central SD.

Anyone want to post a guess as to what materializes in the next few days?

I'm thinking it might happen. We are just getting started calving, heifers a few days ago, and cows about to begin, too. In this area, it seems there isn't a real good time for it. We can get 'winter' anytime from mid-fall to late May. And it can get hot enough in June to really stress a cow having a calf, which isn't good, either.

mrj

mrj said:
ps to my previous post: by 'elder', member here, I mean both my actual age, and time since I began posting here. I do know that I will be 79 late in July, and don't recall when I began reading and posting here, but it's been a while!!!!

Yes, I believe it gets a little boring at times, no I don't miss some of the contentious and mean times of the past!, and it is more fun to read interesting stories of some of the 'characters' people occasionally find to tell us about.

Having spent a couple of days in Rapid City, and getting home this evening, every time we had the radio on while driving we heard warnings of the storm we are about to get, with maybe a foot or more of snow in west central SD.

Anyone want to post a guess as to what materializes in the next few days?

I'm thinking it might happen. We are just getting started calving, heifers a few days ago, and cows about to begin, too. In this area, it seems there isn't a real good time for it. We can get 'winter' anytime from mid-fall to late May. And it can get hot enough in June to really stress a cow having a calf, which isn't good, either.

mrj
Now would be a really great time to buy your family that Polaris Northstar Ranger that's been discussed on here. They'll be so impressed with your generosity and wisdom. :nod: Good luck to you all riding the storm out

Where is the "upload pictures" box. Is there a change on loading pictures?

Mustang

I have an occasional glitch since the update and want to see if anyone else has something similar. This has only happened in Political Bull and is happening with Windows 7/Firefox.

I'm having trouble getting to the first unread post in some threads in PB, but not all threads. If I try to go to the first unread post in those threads, I just get a blank page. If I try to go back to Political Bull using any of the links for Political Bull, I can't get anything but a blank page - those links won't take me back. It's almost as if I'm locked out of getting anywhere.

However, if I use my browser's back button immediately after getting the first blank page, I can get back to the index page for PB. I can then go to the last post in the thread using the last post link - that's the only way I can view those threads. Sometimes it happens the opposite - if I try to go to the last post first, it just brings up a blank page, but I can back up and go to the thread the other way.

When this happens, the threads that I have problems with aren't marking as read, and I can never get back into PB until I mark everything as read. Even after reading the threads, they're still not marking as read. I've cleared cache and all of the standard tricks, but still having trouble. It's not something that I can't work around once I figured out how to do it, just frustrating.

Is this happening to anybody else? If it does, just keep in mind that marking posts as read will let you get back in, or it does for me.

Once you mark all posts as read, you can get to the threads, just have to scroll to the posts that you haven't seen. Be sure to use your back button the first time it happens. If you don't use it the first time it happens, you'll have to go to the main index page using the Bull Session link at the bottom to mark everything as read.

I know that sounds confusing unless it's happening to you, but if it is, you'll understand exactly the problem that I'm having. Clearly, staying the hell out of PB is one of the healthier options. LOL

Texan said:
I have an occasional glitch since the update and want to see if anyone else has something similar. This has only happened in Political Bull and is happening with Windows 7/Firefox.

I'm having trouble getting to the first unread post in some threads in PB, but not all threads. If I try to go to the first unread post in those threads, I just get a blank page. If I try to go back to Political Bull using any of the links for Political Bull, I can't get anything but a blank page - those links won't take me back. It's almost as if I'm locked out of getting anywhere.

However, if I use my browser's back button immediately after getting the first blank page, I can get back to the index page for PB. I can then go to the last post in the thread using the last post link - that's the only way I can view those threads. Sometimes it happens the opposite - if I try to go to the last post first, it just brings up a blank page, but I can back up and go to the thread the other way.

When this happens, the threads that I have problems with aren't marking as read, and I can never get back into PB until I mark everything as read. Even after reading the threads, they're still not marking as read. I've cleared cache and all of the standard tricks, but still having trouble. It's not something that I can't work around once I figured out how to do it, just frustrating.

Is this happening to anybody else? If it does, just keep in mind that marking posts as read will let you get back in, or it does for me.

Once you mark all posts as read, you can get to the threads, just have to scroll to the posts that you haven't seen. Be sure to use your back button the first time it happens. If you don't use it the first time it happens, you'll have to go to the main index page using the Bull Session link at the bottom to mark everything as read.

I know that sounds confusing unless it's happening to you, but if it is, you'll understand exactly the problem that I'm having. Clearly, staying the hell out of PB is one of the healthier options. LOL
Once you get your stds cleared up with the antibiotics you should try turning the computer off and go outside. Lol

Latest posts