• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Life impacting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin

Reaction score
Here's a pointer I've learned.
If you hate eye drops as bad as I do, drop the eye drop bottle in warm water and heat it to 98.6 and you'll never feel them hit your eyes.

You're welcome

That "Simply Saline" nasal mist aerosol from Arm and Hammar, actually works really good for irrigating your eyes.

2a537710-38ea-46ac-9b7f-656abcb5c210_1.2df09fed4a480441f3fa05243175cca6.jpeg

I learned something else life impacting with regards to my eyes recently. A friend was up hunting a few weeks ago and brought some sort of tiny little red peppers that he grew himself. He was slicing them razor thin and adding a slice to cheese and crackers, sometimes just tasting a slice all by itself to confirm it's heat. He offered for me to try one so I took one tiny piece with my left hand and popped it in my mouth. I thought at the time it was the hottest thing I had ever experienced. I was wrong. A couple of hours later getting ready for bed I took the same thumb and finger from my left hand and took a contact lens out. I immediately realized my mistake, it was I'm sure the same feeling as putting a red hot iron in my eye. I doused my eye down with solution but it still took several minutes before I quit hollering.

redrobin said:
If you hate eye drops as bad as I do, drop the eye drop bottle in warm water and heat it to 98.6 and you'll never feel them hit your eyes.

You're welcome
Good grief, what a diva. :roll: I've never heard of anybody so picky about the temperature of their eye drops. You're a special little snowflake, aren't you? Stay out of those smoky, dusty old salebarns and you wouldn't need drops in your eyes.

What if you get it too hot and damage your eyes? Maybe it would be safer for you to let that hillbilly woman hold the bottle under her armpit to get it just right before she puts them in for you and draws your bathwater. LOL

Texan said:
for you to let that hillbilly woman hold the bottle under her armpit to get it just right before she puts them in for you and draws your bathwater. LOL
Good idea. I've never told you this but in 1984 I was an eye model for one of those fancy New York magazines. I'm careful with these money makers. I might need to quit farming and cattle and go back to modeling.

Texan said:
redrobin said:

You're welcome
Good grief, what a diva. :roll: I've never heard of anybody so picky about the temperature of their eye drops. You're a special little snowflake, aren't you? Stay out of those smoky, dusty old salebarns and you wouldn't need drops in your eyes.

What if you get it too hot and damage your eyes? Maybe it would be safer for you to let that hillbilly woman hold the bottle under her armpit to get it just right before she puts them in for you and draws your bathwater. LOL
Better than puttin' it between her legs! :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the tip, RR. Just finished my hay baling and I can tell you that running a baler with an open station tractor in a 35 MPH north wind is gonna' put dirt and everything else in places you didn't even know you had places. Good grief my eyes took a beating.

lavacarancher said:

Thanks for the tip, RR. Just finished my hay baling and I can tell you that running a baler with an open station tractor in a 35 MPH north wind is gonna' put dirt and everything else in places you didn't even know you had places. Good grief my eyes took a beating.
I don't mind admitting that you're tougher than I am, lavacarancher. If I had to go back to baling without a cab, I'd probably either hire a custom baler or start buying my hay. Hope you get a chance to upgrade one of these days, assuming that's what you want to do. I know there are still some guys that enjoy open station tractors for everything, and you might be one of those. I'm sure not one of them.

Texan said:
lavacarancher said:

I don't mind admitting that you're tougher than I am, lavacarancher. If I had to go back to baling without a cab, I'd probably either hire a custom baler or start buying my hay. Hope you get a chance to upgrade one of these days, assuming that's what you want to do. I know there are still some guys that enjoy open station tractors for everything, and you might be one of those. I'm sure not one of them.

Open station not choice. Cab tractor broke so it was out of action.

Latest posts