Ranchers.net Bull Session

Heavy Duty Gooseneck Cattle Trailers?

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Heavy Duty Gooseneck Cattle Trailers?

Postby Faster horses » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:22 pm

We have had Titans. Gooseneck and flatbeds. They are good. We had a problem with paint on our gooseneck and Titan was good to work with. When I called in I got right to the owner. That's been awhile ago, so things may have changed, but it was good then and so were the trailers. I've seen photos of Denny's and they were really slick and I bet tough.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Soapweed » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:01 pm

We've had good luck with Titans. I have two 16' x 6'8" bumper pull stock trailers, and a 24' x 6'8" gooseneck stock trailer. All are real good outfits. We also have a 30' triple axle flatbed Titan trailer that works very well.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:51 pm

If you do buy a trailer from Denny I will have to find out when he's coming through Plentywood so I can buy him lunch.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Shortgrass
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shortgrass » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 am

I like my Titan. It is an 2002, 6'8" X 24' gooseneck stock with smooth sides. I haven't pulled any others, but this one pulls easy, and is stout. Easy on tires.

Ks redtruck

Postby Ks redtruck » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:03 am

If you buy a Titan, get their upper end models. They are pretty good. Their cheap line rattles and the sides sway when you go through the pasture.
I have an old Trailmen. Pulls easy and has stood the test of time, but Titan bought them out in early 2000s.
I think Travalong makes a good trailer but I have never owned one.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:17 am

We knew someone who had Travelong and they had a lot of problems with the gate latches. They may have fixed that by now, but sure something to check on.
The best, toughest trailer we have ever owne was a Swan. They stopped making them a long time ago, but what a trailer. Heavy though, because they were so tough.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Return to “Ranch Talk”