Ranchers.net Bull Session

Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 28059
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby Faster horses » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Thinking about getting one for Mr. FH. Mostly for fun...does anyone here have one and/or what can you tell me to watch for? Also the best place to buy one.
I can't imagine eating food after flies or bugs been shot....but camping in the mountains, it might be fun to have one. With Father's Day and his birthday (Fourth of July) I've been trying to think of what to get him. (besides socks) :lol:

I don't think he even knows these things exist. :D So he would be pretty surprised.

Thanks in advance.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

RSL
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 1814
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:17 am
Location: 48 5W4

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby RSL » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 am

https://www.bugasalt.com/

Or Amazon.
Our son's friends have a couple (apparently they sting).

If you are getting socks, I highly recommend Darn Tuff socks. They are guaranteed for life. If they wear out you send them back and they replace them for free! I have never had a pedicure, but in my mind, when I put them on it is like putting on a foot rub, combined with a pedicure... They are expensive, so I buy mine from Santa Claus and the Father's Day Angels...
You can't teach a stick to fetch a dog...
www.roundrockranching.com

User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 28059
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby Faster horses » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you so much. I'll get that one. As long as I don't get shot, I don't care if they sting.

I'll look into the socks too. He found some Cabelus socks he likes. They have to be not too long, not too short, not too thick... :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

lavacarancher
Member
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:32 pm
Location: Hallettsville, Tx

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby lavacarancher » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 am

Yea, I've got one of those toys. Bug-A-Salt is the maker of mine. I shoot sea salt in mine. Had it for a year or so.

User avatar
TexasBred
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 4327
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 am

Faster horses wrote:Thinking about getting one for Mr. FH. Mostly for fun...does anyone here have one and/or what can you tell me to watch for? Also the best place to buy one.
I can't imagine eating food after flies or bugs been shot....but camping in the mountains, it might be fun to have one. With Father's Day and his birthday (Fourth of July) I've been trying to think of what to get him. (besides socks) :lol:

I don't think he even knows these things exist. :D So he would be pretty surprised.

Thanks in advance.

FH my brother in law has one. Load it up and he has a ball with it. And they do work.
Nothing but a beggar trying to show other beggars where I found bread.

User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 28059
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

User avatar
TexasBred
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 4327
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:37 am

Faster horses wrote:Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?

Not necessary. It spreads sort of like a shotgun blast.
Nothing but a beggar trying to show other beggars where I found bread.

User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 28059
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby Faster horses » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:52 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Faster horses wrote:Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?

Not necessary. It spreads sort of like a shotgun blast.


Oh good. I picked one up for him at the Sports store here in town. Hid it well til his birthday, July 4th!!
I don't think he even knows these exist. What fun to get an old geezer who has everything....a surprise!! :D
Thank you all for your help!
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

User avatar
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 21498
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Big Muddy valley
Contact:

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:13 pm

You will have to make up an Official looking "Fly hunting license" so he doesn't get in trouble with the Game Warden
Avatar by Haymaker

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

User avatar
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 28059
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:21 pm
Location: SE MT

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby Faster horses » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:You will have to make up an Official looking "Fly hunting license" so he doesn't get in trouble with the Game Warden


Good point! I'll do that! :D
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.


Return to “Coffee Shop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: farmall and 4 guests