Ranchers.net Bull Session

Shearing

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Shearing

Postby jodywy » Fri May 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Crew out of Montana (with some NZs) sheared a few hundred over the divide from me then came and did my little farm flock , 4 place shearing trailer , there was one old guy they said was 77 years old , he sheared sheep for sheep with the other 3......
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Shearing

Postby Faster horses » Fri May 04, 2018 7:19 pm

Just because there is snow on the roof doesn't mean there is no fire in the furnace! :lol:

77? Wow. He's quite a guy. :shock:

Have you ever attended Basque Days in Buffalo, Wy? It's all about sheep, sheepherders, lamb food and sheep owners.
It's quite a time, I have heard. Mr. FH's brother was married to a Basque girl and they know how to have fun.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby gcreekrch » Fri May 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Hope I'm half that much man when I hit 65 Jody.

Glad you got them done. What do they charge?
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

Haytrucker

Postby Haytrucker » Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 pm

The Basques are tough, especially the ones from down under. When do you start lambing Jody?

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jodywy » Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 am

we are lambing started a couple days ago...
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Sat May 05, 2018 8:31 pm

Enough of this 'over the hill talk' about someone 77 years old! I've got a couple months of it left, and CAN still keep up with a very lively three year old great-grand girl.........for an hour or two, anyway!

But I won't be bragging about that tomorrow evening, I fear. Going to watch her during a big community benefit party while her parents are involved in the events. Several amateur basket ball games, silent and live auctions of donated items, other games, fun and food all afternoon. Best thing about it is the person it is for is doing well in rehab after a stroke at way too young an age.

mrj

mrj

littlejoe
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littlejoe » Sun May 06, 2018 9:49 am

Faster horses wrote:Just because there is snow on the roof doesn't mean there is no fire in the furnace! :lol:

77? Wow. He's quite a guy. :shock:

Have you ever attended Basque Days in Buffalo, Wy? It's all about sheep, sheepherders, lamb food and sheep owners.
It's quite a time, I have heard. Mr. FH's brother was married to a Basque girl and they know how to have fun.

Can't seem to find it---do you know the date for this yr? Buffalo's a favorite--thanks~~

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby jodywy » Sun May 06, 2018 2:11 pm

here is last years , bet this years flyers will be out first part of June. http://bighornbasqueclub.org/

Return to “Ranch Talk”