• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

off topic

Help Support Ranchers.net:

m5farm

Reaction score
Say or post what ever blows your skirt up. As long as it's within the rules.

Having your grand daughter fall asleep in your lap is a mighty good feeling. All is right with my world at this moment.

Getting all your hay baled before it rains is always a good thing. It doesn't rank with the granddaughter but its good all the same.

highgrit said:
Getting all your hay baled before it rains is always a good thing. It doesn't rank with the granddaughter but its good all the same.
I did both today so it's real good.

All good things must end.

Woke up late this morning. Somehow I locked my truck when I got out of it last night. I never take keys out. Once in it I got behind 2 school buses . 1/2 way to work I realized I left my wallet at home.

Don't know what to say, M5. At the other place there were always questions that I felt expert enough to give honest answers to but here, no one asks those kinds of questions.

How did you make it through the storm?

When ya have a car for sale, for $500.00, why does it take a buyer, who said "I want it for sure" 4 trips (so far) to come look at it without taking it? :| One trip, was supposed to be a test drive, but the girlfriend didn't want to try it said the boyfriend should do it. (why didn't he try it the 1st 2 times). :roll: I figure 1 more trip, and its still here, I'm going to think that they're casing the joint. :???:

We faired well , Only got 3" of rain but it was needed and we need quite a bit more all the ponds are dry but we've had good year with timely rain. Business has ticked up some so I suspect the wind helped with leaks

Workinonit said:
When ya have a car for sale, for $500.00, why does it take a buyer, who said "I want it for sure" 4 trips (so far) to come look at it without taking it? :| One trip, was supposed to be a test drive, but the girlfriend didn't want to try it said the boyfriend should do it. (why didn't he try it the 1st 2 times). :roll: I figure 1 more trip, and its still here, I'm going to think that they're casing the joint. :???:

Yep, better be careful. If they are young it maybe their way of saying I want it but I need a few more days to scrape up 500 bucks

m5farm said:
Workinonit said:

Yep, better be careful. If they are young it maybe their way of saying I want it but I need a few more days to scrape up 500 bucks

I'm wanting to believe its the latter. They are not young kids. They're certainly thirties or more. The vehicle they currently drive isn't theirs, they are kind-of the "hard luck" type. She works cleaning, he's helping a "neighbor" with haying & misc. odds and ends. With any luck they'll be here this evening, try it-buy it-drive it away. :)

The next hurdle will be the "old" tractor.

BTW ------ good to see you here M- dash. :)

Workinonit said:
m5farm said:
Workinonit said:

I'm wanting to believe its the latter. They are not young kids. They're certainly thirties or more. The vehicle they currently drive isn't theirs, they are kind-of the "hard luck" type. She works cleaning, he's helping a "neighbor" with haying & misc. odds and ends. With any luck they'll be here this evening, try it-buy it-drive it away. :)

The next hurdle will be the "old" tractor.

BTW ------ good to see you here M- dash. :)

Good luck. and Thank you, Its less stressful without all the DRAMA.

It was hotter than I would prefer to be weaning calves today but we did it anyway. My son is turning into real help and just in time as somewhere along the way I got to old to do it all by myself. Luckily the small rip in the crotch of my jeans turned into a big rip as I was grateful for the added ventilation by the time we got done. :lol2:

I was told at our GCA meeting last night that 1" hail will destroy a beautiful crop of soybeans. Some of our friends had rough weather yesterday afternoon.

Getting ready to plant wheat, but grain trailer somehow got two punctured tires, so a small setback. The boys divided up the pastures among themselves and took salt and mineral to the cows today. A pallet of mineral doesn't last but a few days, but the cattle are healthy and calves aren't getting sick anywhere. We weaned the calves off first calf heifers 3 days ago, so have some bawlers.

Spent time giving grandson a 4 wheeler ride, and then a ride on my shoulders. He'll be spending the night with us tonight for the first time. We'll see how he likes that.

Moved my cows into a different pasture this morning. It never gets old enjoying the ones that get silly and start shaking their heads and bucking & kicking. A couple of new calves, that were born before ever seeing this field, looked like they were on a big adventure.

I'm back to being dog poor. I bought a started dog and a pup a few months ago. I lost the started dog in a thunderstorm (still not sure what happened but a dead dog is a dead dog) and the pup tried to head off the mail truck and bring it back to me today. I'm back to two old grouchy retired bytches and a crippled houndish type therapy dog.

cow pollinater said:
I'm back to being dog poor. I bought a started dog and a pup a few months ago. I lost the started dog in a thunderstorm (still not sure what happened but a dead dog is a dead dog) and the pup tried to head off the mail truck and bring it back to me today. I'm back to two old grouchy retired bytches and a crippled houndish type therapy dog.

Awww, that's tough! So sorry!

Latest posts