• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Still going on

Help Support Ranchers.net:

lavacarancher

Reaction score
Wow, it's still going on over at Cattle Today. A bunch of folks who think their word is gospel and everybody should agree with them. The subject this time is the chemical plants along the SE Texas coast being stinky and ugly. Those who object to the plants should not go there! Don't look! There is no one forcing you to look! Without those plants we would all be riding horses or riding in a wagon. Zeeze Louise. This is exactly the reason I left CT.

I haven't been back over there but once a week or so ago to check messages. Dam liberals and do-gooders have ruined it. I've seen thicker skin on gravy.

There have been a lot of nut jobs come and go thru the years. But there are a few really good folks left. It is a shame that others have left.

We've been warned here not to talk about there. We are free to talk about politics here tho. You are right m5 - way to many liberals over there. They get away with a lot and it seems to be from a PC perspective. Say something positive about my president and everyone gets their panties in a wad.

The dang stock market just keeps climbing. My feet are starting to get cold but it just goes up and up. Hurricane hasn't dampened things.

Lavaca I went and peaked. They were comparing those chem plants to fukushima there is no comparison. The only thing common was a natural disaster I suppose.

I saw it a few minutes ago. I started to comment and then deleted it, Commented on the 9-11 thread instead, logged out and came over here where things make sense. Pretty much the only reason I even look there at all is force of habit. I have a handful of things I look at whenever I sit down at the computer and I feel like I miss out if I don't see them all but I'm not missing much if I remember to forget that one.

Faster horses said:
You guys are great! Glad you are here. CT loss, our gain! :D

"I've seen thicker skin on gravy." Love this quote.

There are some folks at CT that I have jawed with for over 10 years. They're great too. I have met a few too. Even better.

The term "rancher" seems to scare them away from here for some reason.

backhoeboogie said:
Faster horses said:

There are some folks at CT that I have jawed with for over 10 years. They're great too. I have met a few too. Even better.

We have been fortunate to have met many of the members of ranchers.net throughout the years. It has enriched our lives!
Too bad the rancher's part scares them, not sure why...maybe they should check us out as guests. We haven't bitten anyone yet. :D

We point and laugh at folks around here (where I live) when they say we are headed to the ranch or have a fancy named place with ranch behind it. Farm is more appropriate here. Even growing up we raised qtr horses (50 to 75 brood mares) but even tho we rode several daily they were seldom used in cow work. My uncle would always say I'm a plowboy not a cowboy.

Faster horses said:
backhoeboogie said:
Faster horses said:

We have been fortunate to have met many of the members of ranchers.net throughout the years. It has enriched our lives!
Too bad the rancher's part scares them, not sure why...maybe they should check us out as guests. We haven't bitten anyone yet. :D

I've made great friends with several off of CT that I've met.

Faster horses said:
backhoeboogie said:
Faster horses said:

I can think of a couple........... :D

CT beats Facebook, it's just slow around here, and hard for me to access on my cell phone. But there's not any rainbow liberals on here so that's a good thing.

m5farm said:
I haven't been back over there but once a week or so ago to check messages. Dam liberals and do-gooders have ruined it. I've seen thicker skin on gravy.

Yup! It wasn't always that bad. :( But, I guess that's "progress". :?

For a very long time I didn't post much here, whenever I tried, I had to re-log in every time, then I had to re log-in when reading posts, from thread to thread. It was ridiculous, now that doesn't seem to be the case. So I would "lurk" and read the posts, after a while I stopped coming here. Then I would 'pop in' from time to time, and it got very slow. Where did everyone go? Where's Texan? Randiliana and so many of the others?

Anyhow, It seems here, that people have a thicker skin.

Workinonit said:
m5farm said:

Yup! It wasn't always that bad. :( But, I guess that's "progress". :?

For a very long time I didn't post much here, whenever I tried, I had to re-log in every time, then I had to re log-in when reading posts, from thread to thread. It was ridiculous, now that doesn't seem to be the case. So I would "lurk" and read the posts, after a while I stopped coming here. Then I would 'pop in' from time to time, and it got very slow. Where did everyone go? Where's Texan? Randiliana and so many of the others?

Anyhow, It seems here, that people have a thicker skin.

I saw Randiliana today, Mankota Stockmen's weigh Company celebrated 60 years of business today. She works there when they have auctions, My Dad bought cattle there for the first 50 years of operations. Today was his 95 birthday so I took him over for Cake Coffee and a visit with some old friends.

Texan still lives in Seattle and enjoys his daily Starbucks and tending his flower garden. So far, he hasn't got over Rickey moving out. He still cries a lot.

Big Muddy rancher said:
I saw Randiliana today, Mankota Stockmen's weigh Company celebrated 60 years of business today. She works there when they have auctions, My Dad bought cattle there for the first 50 years of operations. Today was his 95 birthday so I took him over for Cake Coffee and a visit with some old friends.

Wow! Sounds like it was a good day. Glad to hear Randiliana is still out there, kickin' it! Pretty cool about your Dad. :)

redrobin said:
Texan still lives in Seattle and enjoys his daily Starbucks and tending his flower garden. So far, he hasn't got over Rickey moving out. He still cries a lot.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, now I'm waiting on Texan to come out of the woodwork here and put in his 2 cents! :lol2:

Don't pay any attention to redrooster. He's just jealous because I chat with his old lady on frustratedhillbillywomen.com. Good to see you around again. Like a lot of others, most times I just get too busy to post much. Still try to read everything, though. You almost have to read everything so you'll know when somebody is talking crap about you. :lol2:

Texan said:
Don't pay any attention to redrooster. He's just jealous because I chat with his old lady on frustratedhillbillywomen.com. Good to see you around again. Like a lot of others, most times I just get too busy to post much. Still try to read everything, though. You almost have to read everything so you'll know when somebody is talking crap about you. :lol2:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: That's a new one! I've got a couple of neighbor's I should send to that 'site'. :lol2:

Understandable how folks get busy and such.

Talkin' crap.............. that's half the fun! :wink: 8)

Latest posts