• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hesston 1014 hydroswing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

srd65

Reaction score
I have an old Hesston 1014 that the hydraulic pump stops on me once in a while. Everything was running great until the big hose blew on me and lost a lot of oil. Replaced the hose and filled with oil. The machine is old and didnt come with an owners manual, so i just refilled with Hytran. After that it seemed like once in a while the pump would stall out and chatter. I found a manual online tonight and see that they recommend 20/20 oil be used. I am wondering if the hydraulic oil is too thin and is causing the pump to stall out. Has anyone else had this type of problem before?

I think you have air in system yep, mine had slow leak and would chatter a bit when low,run and turn off filling cap,watch for oil spray though lol

I agree with cowwrangler on the air, and his cautionary note about oil spray is sound - The spray can penetrate skin.

Back in the old 6600 days, we used hydraulic oil at the recommendation of the Hesston shop (my dad's farm is about 45 miles from the town of Hesston). We put unthinkable hours on that old swather with almost no hydraulic failure. I think you're good on the hydraulic oil.

Latest posts