• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
How do you get all the contents in the big bottle to fit in the little bottle?

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=04722f99-6e60-4bec-a25a-95390c80c14d

You don't. You fill the small one, pull it off and let the vacuum equalize, shake the little bottle up and then run the small bottle contents back in to the big bottle and shake it up and then you are ready to go. It comes with a different style of transfer needle that lets you bleed the suction off and then squeeze the big bottle to pull the contents of the little bottle back in.

rancherfred said:
You don't. You fill the small one, pull it off and let the vacuum equalize, shake the little bottle up and then run the small bottle contents back in to the big bottle and shake it up and then you are ready to go. It comes with a different style of transfer needle that lets you bleed the suction off and then squeeze the big bottle to pull the contents of the little bottle back in.

Thanks! That's how I've done it in the past but I always wonder if I'm missing something. Kinda a pain in the butt! Wish they's have equal sized bottles like the other Bovi-shields.

I kinda like them, you only need to put enough liquid in to dissolve the solids. Nice pics on FB by the way.

Run into same problem......thought I had liquid left over, but when I got to 30 calves out of the 50 it was supposed to get out of a bottle, I understood what I did wrong. Some back and forth needed to be done...so didn't get everything vaccinated, but some got too much.

I had quit using the bovi-shield with the hardjo-bovis strain of lepto because I didn't like the bottles and because it cost about 3 time more but after reading a article about HB is sounded like that is the strain of lepto found in the US. It sounded like the other lepto strains that are most common in our vaccines are actually European strains we don't even have here.

Ned Jr. said:
I had quit using the bovi-shield with the hardjo-bovis strain of lepto because I didn't like the bottles and because it cost about 3 time more but after reading a article about HB is sounded like that is the strain of lepto found in the US. It sounded like the other lepto strains that are most common in our vaccines are actually European strains we don't even have here.

30% open rate will make the HB vaccine look pretty cheap. That was what happened to us when we had a HB infection that we didn't realize we had. We are still dealing with the effects of that with broken down bags due to mastitis. The worst year also hit us with 70lbs less at weaning time. I vaccinate twice a year with Spirovac and Vira-shield 6 HB on the cows. My heifers get Bovi Gold with the HB.

Latest posts