• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thanksgiving Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thanks mustang! Super photo, and am running out of comment on them, but keep them coming! And, they sure look better than the photo's of some being 'cared for' by 'do-gooders' in SD!

Hope you Thanksgiving was a special day, everyone! Ours was great, but odd, even for us. Had spinal laminectomies on two vertebrae yesterday. Best experience yet with surgery! Actually got off the gurney after surgery with a bit of assistance and walked a couple of steps to the bed. Up for bathroom from the start, an improvement over procedure just three years ago. Great surgeon and teams of caregivers after make it as easy as possible for patients, imo. Got up, ate, and showered, dressed by ten am, then went to pharmacy/drug store and did my own shopping while waiting a few minutes for prescriptions to be filled. Visted at our son's house with their guests for T. Dinner, then hit the road for home instead of eating with them. My driver is still recovering from seven broken ribs two and a half weeks ago, so took the box lunch offered by the Surgery Center for us to eat on the road, assuring we would stop for a walk to break up the two hour drive home. I did over 300 steps around the Wasta rest area comfortably (except for the sharp 45% breeze), and had enough energy to help unload the car. Shorty can reasonably comfortably carry a ten or fifteen pound bag, and I'm allowed up to ten pounds at this point, so we got by without help, which would have slowed down our hay haulers going by as we returned home.

There were four 'workers', our grandson and his four year old driving the semi, and his wife and two year old driving a pick-up pulling a flat-bed trailer, making about a ten mile haul over pretty rough trails. May finish tomorrow, if they get a day without interruptions! Such a great fall, and lots accomplished, but always more to do.....such is life on most ranches, I suppose, tho we do have three of our crew off visiting other family or friends. Two major water line breaks and another repair on them last week slowed lots of jobs! But, we did come to realize the bad breaks were on our first water line to the barn and house....made over 56 years ago, when our second son was six months old. Sure was a great improvement, even though the water was over 90 grains hard. Our next major investment in the house was a water softener!

So, three of our 'hay hauling crew' will be fixing our belated family Thanksgiving on Saturday, when part of her family can be here . Hope she hasn't made pies yet, because I finally remembered I have some good pies in my freezer purchased at local church bazars recently. It will be a great day visiting in-laws and 'our home raised' relatives and enjoying good food and maybe even some football or something on TV, as well as the special blessing of getting good repairs on my miserable back!

Good luck to all who enjoy shopping on Black Friday.......and also to those who, like me, would rather do anything else! Never done it, hope I never have to!!!

mrj

Faster horses said:
So glad your surgery went so well!
I don't do shopping on Black Friday either.
Send me a PM, I'd like to know who your surgeon was. Mr. FH has an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgeon here and I am checking out options.

You aren't getting him "fixed" are you? :lol:

gcreekrch said:
Faster horses said:
So glad your surgery went so well!
I don't do shopping on Black Friday either.
Send me a PM, I'd like to know who your surgeon was. Mr. FH has an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgeon here and I am checking out options.

You aren't getting him "fixed" are you? :lol:

Too late...and did you read 'orthopedic surgeon'? :D
He's got something going on with nerves in his back. L4 and L5 vertabrae are affected and bulging.

Latest posts