• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

i would like ta fine me a mule

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
that don't bite kick or buck that I can do some team ropin off of heelin preferably if you have one let me no.
good luck

no he don't call him tinactin for the hale of it, I don't want any mean mules.
good luck

I have dabbled with mules most of my life, looking for that "one in a million" real good one. They are very hard to find; I sure haven't found one. If you do find a good one, they can't be in a pasture with cattle or baby colts, because they will kill calves and colts. There is a saying that kind of holds water, "99% of mules give the rest of them a bad name."

My advice is stick with horses. :cowboy:

It seems to me that some people just have to try mules and get them out of their system. I've seen it happen to others and it even happened to me. I think that a lifelong mule project like has happened to Soapweed is unusual! I'm not sure if I should admire him or feel sorry for him :)

WHR said:
It seems to me that some people just have to try mules and get them out of their system. I've seen it happen to others and it even happened to me. I think that a lifelong mule project like has happened to Soapweed is unusual! I'm not sure if I should admire him or feel sorry for him :)

I am a pretty slow learner. Probably the sympathy would be more in order than admiration. :wink:

Soapweed said:
WHR said:

I am a pretty slow learner. Probably the sympathy would be more in order than admiration. :wink:
How about a little of both? :wink:

I'd call major or cy cokely down at haven Kansas. Mules is their thing.

My brother in law is a vet in the flint hills, and a very accomplished horseman. He also likes to keep a couple mules around. He says you must train a mule the way you should train a horse. So he has a nice big mule that my niece rodeoed on - she could call Willie from well over a mile away if the wind was in her favor. This mule is easily the nicest mule I've been around, and Drogie is the kind of horseman I wish I was. Willie bucked Drogie off this spring, and Drogie can stick to a bronc. I don't know much about mules, starting with why you'd want one.

Look up Tom Jones in eastern ne he's got good mules and knows where to find em. Soapweed I looked up a mule I got from Tom on Google and I think I have found a picture of you on him in this forum back in 2007..his names Willy he's Chesnut and fast lol you know him?

Yes, I know that mule quite well. We owned him for a few years, and got along well with him. He has a little bit of a Dr. Jekyll-Mr. Hyde type of personality. When he is on his good behavior, he is top of the line. Once in a while something will set him off, and then he goes somewhat bonkers for a spell. At times like this, he gets kind of dancey and prancey, and nervously works up a sweat. His name at Jake Clark's Mule Days was "Willy," but I renamed him "Tanactin"--half-fast actin' Tanactin. I have done a lot of sorting on him, and he kind of watches a cow. I have also used him to drag calves to the branding fire. Had I not got West Nile and screwed up my riding ability, I would probably still own Willy (Tanactin). That and the fact that every year at calving time, he had to be far away from newborn calves. He killed at least one baby calf, and he got his head under a gate and dragged another calf through. Fortunately I saved the calf's life that time. Maybe with more age and more experience, he will turn into a top steed yet.

" When he is on his good behavior, he is top of the line. Once in a while something will set him off, and then he goes somewhat bonkers for a spell. At times like this, he gets kind of dancey and prancey, and nervously works up a sweat."

Not to hijack the thread, but that sounds like most men. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :gag:

Latest posts