Ranchers.net Bull Session

Checking in! 2017 Update

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
mytfarms

Re: Checking in! 2017 Update

Postby mytfarms » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Faster horses wrote:How can we participate in your "GoFundMe"?

FH, here is the link. If we are able to repaint/deodorize the big stuff, we'll use what we have to on some of my wife's personal stuff and sock away any extra for the arrival of the little one.

https://www.gofundme.com/restoring-our-skunked-home
Short grass, short cows, short life. But I'm in tall cotton.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Does GoFundMe keep a percentage of the money and if so, how much if you don't mind me asking. I do intend to contribute, just wondering how much you get to keep.

Hang in there, things will get better!
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

mytfarms

Postby mytfarms » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:41 am

PM'ed you FH!

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Denny » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:41 am

Congrats on the baby, It will work out fine. I'd delete the go fund me a little hardship develops character. Just let the stuff air out it'll be fine hell I've been sprayed twice in my life up close and personal.
If your dreams don't scare you there not big enough!

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 pm

mytfarms, still hoping and praying for good news for your family. That tiny bundle of dreams that is a baby just steals our hearts so quickly, and it is so hard when everything isn't perfect. So tough for the family to deal with all the possibilities, especially when we need to prepare ourselves to make the best of whatever happens. And our minds seem determined to focus on the worst just when we need to preparing ourselves to MAKE the best of the situation, whatever that turns out to be. Dream for the best and rely on your faith, family and friends as a support system to help you if and when you need it.

BTW, have you heard of a product called Odo-Ban? It is a wonderful cleaner and odor remover, which I believe is not so harmful to our lungs, etc. as is Clorox and some other such products. I'm not sure what it costs, but keep it on hand for even some lesser things than skunk odor. Tomato juice has been suggested as a skunk odor remedy for dogs, as it isn't dangerous for them, but I used vinegar on our dog, being careful not to get it in her eyes.....tho at the time, I wasn't particularly sympathetic toward her comfort, as it wasn't a first for an otherwise very smart stray Weimaraner dog we were blessed with once upon a time.

mrj

mytfarms

Postby mytfarms » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:05 pm

All,

We actually did get rid of that GoFundMe. Learned a little bit about it as we went, and as it turns out, just keeping on keeping on with work, fixing on the house, and airing out the house has made some progress. We are still not quite in shape to move back in, got another stinker yesterday, but getting closer. I'd say next week we should be in, shouldn't be out much more than a little food, a few personal products, and some pillows/mattress.

Thanks for the well wishes! The little one had another ultrasound, and she is looking wonderful. Optimistic here.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Good news!
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Return to “Ranch Talk”